1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
RevHung
181 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought so... I got a car wash from a local fundraiser and the dude was fkn using pledge to clean the interior and I stopped him right after he started wiping the steering wheel.. He claims it wouldn't do any harm.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I thought so... I got a car wash from a local fundraiser and the dude was fkn using pledge to clean the interior and I stopped him right after he started wiping the steering wheel.. He claims it wouldn't do any harm.

Yikes, how bad was the wash ?
If they are using that for the interior, I can only imagine how bad they do on the exterior, hello swirl marks.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
If they are using that for the interior, I can only imagine how bad they do on the exterior, hello swirl marks.
Those charity things scare the crap out of me. Usually it would be some kid or woman that has no idea what she is doing washing my car. No thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The exterior wasn't that bad.. Just water spots. Thank God I stopped the guy before going any further on the interior..

Those charity things scare the crap out of me. Usually it would be some kid or woman that has no idea what she is doing washing my car. No thanks.
It was completely my fault signing up for something like that. All was well until I saw the kid spraying pledge on the washcloth and started wiping away. I'm hoping it doesn't affect the parts that he did get.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Moist MicroFiber cloth is my choice and the only protectant I use is a quality SunShade. Keep those rays off your dash.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Not recommending pledge but its better than armour all. Only part of my car that see's AA are my wheel wells. Like another member said use a damp microfiber preferably with warm water then wipe with a dry one is prob the best and cheapest way.

K24Z7 Crew Member #45.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I've had my Si over a year now and haven't used a thing on my dash other than a California dash duster, mine looks just fine. Might want to add that I rarely drive with windows down let alone open at all so maybe mine just don't get as dusty?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
865 Posts
Only thing that gets on my dash is cigarette ashes and I'm like the othere I just use a microfiber towel

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
A moist microfiber cloth. Somebody used a product on it and that made the dash peel. I don't want that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts