9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, last week I started to remove the v tech decals. I tried goo b gone, and a hair dryer. After about an hour, I managed to get a single letter off. The decal just chips away instead of peeling like I hoped
it would. Any other methods of doing this?

·
Baned
8,526 Posts
Is your car new? If pre-owned, do you know how/where it was maintained? I think there are other threads here about how to remove the vtec emblem. Try searching for them and see if anyone else has had any luck with other options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's a 2014, i tried reading every thread out there, and it seems like people have a lot easier time taking than off than me.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Probably going to need a heat gun

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Yeah heat gun will be your friend. I took mine off after they had been on the car for a while. It was not easy at all to get mine off. They are thin and can be brittle making the task a pretty frustrating one. I used a heat gun and a very clean edged credit card to get mine to cooperate. It took about an hour but the results were great with no damage to the paint at all.

Heat it up, be gentle, and be patient.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess it's time to invest in a heat gun, the hair dryer isn't quite cutting it. I appreciate all the responses, and hopefully don't mess the paint up?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,140 Posts
Just don't blast it in one spot for long periods of time (what is a 'long period?' Not sure, but go easy, a little at a time).

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Like I said, wheel eraser. Just use that hair dryer to heat it up a bit and the wheel eraser takes it off in seconds. I recently removed mine and it a b*tch to remove with just a heat gun

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,140 Posts
Another possibility, which might ease your mind, is to visit a trusted body shop.

There's a place I use that I can stop into anytime to ask such questions.. Nothing better than the opinion of a trusted professional, who may very well recommend said wheel eraser.

Also, having someone explain it more thoroughly, live and in-person, may make it all that much more clear and easy.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Another possibility, which might ease your mind, is to visit a trusted body shop.

There's a place I use that I can stop into anytime to ask such questions.. Nothing better than the opinion of a trusted professional, who may very well recommend said wheel eraser.

Also, having someone explain it more thoroughly, live and in-person, may make it all that much more clear and easy.
That's what I did with mine. Course I also had them polish and wax it while they were at it. My door stickers had been on since I bought the car new 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,140 Posts
In the days before dealer license plate frames, when you bought a new car, if you wanted the dealer sticker, whether vinyl or plastic, off the back of the car, you had to get to it with a coupla/few days with a hair dryer and your fingernails. Wait too long, and that sucker just welded itself on there, sometimes pulling the paint off with it upon removal.

Iow, proceed with care.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 2012 si decals were hard to remove and I had to use the hairdryer method but when i did it on my 2015 it was much easier. I just picked at a corner with my fingernail and slowly pulled it off in bigger sections. Only took about 5 mins.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts