9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to tap my vehicle speed sensor wire to my Dakota box anyone know where to start and what wire/color?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I’m trying to tap my vehicle speed sensor wire to my Dakota box anyone know where to start and what wire/color?
hit up @nathanmercracing on IG. He wired mine up. Tell him the supercharged white si sent you.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Can you give us some more details on what Dakota product you are installing?
Also, is this for an Si or r18 application?

You should be able to use a multimeter to easily eliminate the power and ground leaving you with the signal wire. I'm not sure the colors

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
558 Posts
There's 3 wires coming from the sensor. Signal, power, and ground. Cut the signal wire, send it to the box (input), and then send a wire from the box (output) back to the sensor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's 3 wires coming from the sensor. Signal, power, and ground. Cut the signal wire, send it to the box (input), and then send a wire from the box (output) back to the sensor.
so i cut the signal wire and route it to the box and i send a wire from the box to the ground tapping them?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

You should be able to use a multimeter to easily eliminate the power and ground leaving you with the signal wire. I'm not sure the colors

Dakota Digital SGI-100BT Universal Speedometer and Tachometer Interface

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

15 si

·
Registered
558 Posts
so i cut the signal wire and route it to the box and i send a wire from the box to the ground tapping them?
No, I believe you have to send the signal from the box back to the harness. Let me ask about the ground wires tho. I do have ground wires to the box.

Reactions: dpetro1

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Not exactly sure what you mean here. What @15WhiteSi was saying is the the signal wire on the vss is the only wire you need. Cut the wire and run the signal from the vss sensor to the input on the Dakota, then run the output on the Dakota to the other side of the wire you cut (this feeds the ecu).

I looked briefly at the manual for the Dakota and it looks pretty advanced so I cant say for sure how it is to be wired. Have you tried contacting dakota?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I quote "there's 4 wires you need in total; signal in/out, switched power with ignition, and ground can be taken from anywhere on the body that has connection with battery ground."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts