9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have bought a civic 2013 from my friend. It's still under warranty. I am facing an issue regarding car performance.

When the engine is cold, or say first 15 minutes of driving, the acceleration is literally like a sports car. But I feel a major difference in acceleration starting after 15 to 20 minutes of driving.

Say I start from 0 km/h and push the accelerator to max, the acceleration is not that good. However, keeping the accelerator pressed, I feel difference after 4000 RPM, like the car just realized that somebody wants it to accelerate.

After Googling a lot, I finally found something which makes sense. They are referring to a possible faulty temperature sensor which is connected to the Control Unit of the car. If the temperature sensor is faulty, it will keep telling CU that the engine is still cold - hence delivering inappropriate mix of fuel and air.

Can anybody please suggest what should I do? I know I can always take the car to Honda Service Center, but somehow, their reputation is not good in Pakistan (where I belong to).

Thanks,

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,521 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen, mustafa.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Teeps, thanks a lot for your response. I took it to a shop who scanned the whole car but couldn't find anything as such. Interestingly, one of my friends also has the same car (with a higher mileage) and he mentioned the same observation. Car pickup and auto gear shifting performance deteriorates as the engine warms up. :( My 9th Gen is just at 11000 mileage and I think my only bet is to sell this car :(

Regards,
Danish

·
Registered
292 Posts
Trade it in for a Si, not acceleration issues there :wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi Teeps, thanks a lot for your response. I took it to a shop who scanned the whole car but couldn't find anything as such. Interestingly, one of my friends also has the same car (with a higher mileage) and he mentioned the same observation. Car pickup and auto gear shifting performance deteriorates as the engine warms up. :( My 9th Gen is just at 11000 mileage and I think my only bet is to sell this car :(

Regards,
Danish
Maybe thats why your friend sold it. Did the previous owner have the same problem? It is most likely something simple but finding the problem might not be an easy task.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts