9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I see it more comparable with a integra GSR and our Si. The Type R is in it's own category. Now, if there 'was' a JDM 9th gen civic type r, then that would be a good comparison with the integra type r. But oh well...

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
GS-R is too slow stock to compare stock to stock. Mid-15's in 1/4 as I remember. Straight-away, Type R is better comparison. This is just a testament to how far Honda has come with technology and tweaking engines. BTW... What is the compression ratio difference??

·
Registered
26 Posts
My $.02 :

1. The b18 still stands as one of if not the most mod friendly motors.
2. the b18 was more of a raw motor. that sound that was made at 5200 rpm was pure bliss.
3. Though the ITR was great out of the box, the GSR and LS motors where great. And now that LS/VTEC conversions are possible from a home garage people are posting better times than an ITR in a straight line.
4. I paid the money for my Civic for a reason. . . My weekend track days are few and far between since my integra. I like having my tech gear handy.
5. Never looked to see HFP options, But if the suspension from HFP is still an option I think those times would have been a little closer.
6. did they fix the rev hang for '13? That could have shaved some time as well.
7. I will always be a teg fanboy. (though not really a type r fanboy due to the restraint on a lot of mods or the added cost to do them) That being said, I could not buy a teg and still get what I have now in my 12 si, and lets not forget a warranty as well as the knowledge that all 6800 miles on the car (bought in Nov 2012) are mine and mine alone.

Both are great cars at what they where built for and both could use improvements from the other. But they where built in different times and for different reasons.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have no interest in a torque-less high winding motor. The 2.4 Si is the first Honda Ive driven in years that didnt require shifting up and down and up and down the whole way home. Great engine.

Heated seats? Seriously? My nads get cooked enough with this stupid laptop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I enjoyed the video. I've been noticing that my 2013 Si reminds me a lot of my 2000 Type R (Yellow). That was a phenomenal car, but I got seduced by the S2000, and that was perfect for that time in my life. Now, I can say the same about the Si sedan, which I often think of as almost an "updated Type R" with 4 doors.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll agree that the Integra R has better handling and Si has way more body roll. But after installing Eibach Pro Kit, the handling in my 2012 Si got way better even for cornering. A few mods is all it takes to my your 9th gen Si a fun ride.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Yup this is definitely like comparing apples to oranges. The integra was a FWD track car and the Civic SI is a sporty daily driver. Of course the integra is going to be a lot more nimble and agile

21 - 29 of 29 Posts