9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into getting a nitrous kit. But I've heard some pretty horrible stories about them (blowing engines and such). What do you guys think? Also if anyone has one installed, do you find it worth it? & how much did you pay for it & where?

·
Registered
610 Posts
No. Thank You. Not worth the risk.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
doesnt matter if you go nitrous or forced induction...either way there are risks.... if you do your research... modify them correctly each system can be done safely and reliably... if your just gonna slap a bottle on and hit the button then you done screwed up. I run a 75 shot Dry system on my 2001 eclipse 4 cylinder safely and that ccar has 250k on it now with no problems...how ever i wasnt on the juice all the time only when i wanted to race. I recommend a WOT throttle switch for beginners and even experienced use them...there just way safer... i had a zex kit...came with 25, 50, and 75 shot nozzles... i personally would not go over the 50 shot on these care just ot be safer but a 75 shot would probably be ok...i would wait on the 75 untill some more reviews come in on it on these cars but of course someone has to go first...lol... i didnt go to a 75 shot on other car untill a bunch of people had done it and had done it for a while on my old forum. i highly recommend doing alot of research...i researched for about 7-8 months before finally pulling the trigger on that system... truthfully though...i got more happiness out of using the purge kit with it then actually running it on my engine.. :wigglesmiley:

Reactions: mazzonna

·
Registered
610 Posts
I look at it this way.....If you wanted a faster car, you should have bought one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For my first car I am very happy with an LX....I'm only 17 so I am not complaining at all. My next car, in 5 years when I get rid of this..will be an SI. I'm just having fun modding this one out a bit, only thing is I don't have any performance mods besides after market wheels & tires that I'm picking up this week. That's why I'm looking at my possibilities like a Nitrous kit. But I'm getting peoples thoughts on it first, including the guys at Honda!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Just don't do it, yur young. You shouldn't risk it. Save that money, if you want more HP buy a intake and a new exhaust.

Like bluestar said if yu are Guna do it make sure you do your research

FB2 squad #17

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I will repeat what I have said on a previous thread, nitrous is fine as long as there is enough fuel. If you run lean you will need more green.

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
I was looking into getting a nitrous kit. But I've heard some pretty horrible stories about them (blowing engines and such). What do you guys think? Also if anyone has one installed, do you find it worth it? & how much did you pay for it & where?
i love NOS.... been squeezing since 1997 ! lol.... not only it can make your car fast, it's also a house party favorite !!

yup, i remember back in the days, we just park, pop the trunk, pull the NOS bottle out and the whole crew walks in to a house party with NOS bottles & girls just go nuts !!

·
Registered
350 Posts
doesnt matter if you go nitrous or forced induction...either way there are risks.... if you do your research... modify them correctly each system can be done safely and reliably... if your just gonna slap a bottle on and hit the button then you done screwed up. I run a 75 shot Dry system on my 2001 eclipse 4 cylinder safely and that ccar has 250k on it now with no problems...how ever i wasnt on the juice all the time only when i wanted to race. I recommend a WOT throttle switch for beginners and even experienced use them...there just way safer... i had a zex kit...came with 25, 50, and 75 shot nozzles... i personally would not go over the 50 shot on these care just ot be safer but a 75 shot would probably be ok...i would wait on the 75 untill some more reviews come in on it on these cars but of course someone has to go first...lol... i didnt go to a 75 shot on other car untill a bunch of people had done it and had done it for a while on my old forum. i highly recommend doing alot of research...i researched for about 7-8 months before finally pulling the trigger on that system... truthfully though...i got more happiness out of using the purge kit with it then actually running it on my engine.. :wigglesmiley:

I agree with Bluestar with one little add on.. research and I am not sure the kit he mentioned was direct inject or a fogger kit.. but If it was me I wouldnt touch a fogger kit! The first 2 cylinders closest to the fogger tend to get more nitrous hence putting alot more strain on the first two pistons where as the direct inject evenly distributes the nitrous to all 4 cylinders.. giving you not only better performance but evens the load across all four cylinders.. just my 2 cents..

·
Registered
681 Posts
i love NOS.... been squeezing since 1997 ! lol.... not only it can make your car fast, it's also a house party favorite !!

yup, i remember back in the days, we just park, pop the trunk, pull the NOS bottle out and the whole crew walks in to a house party with NOS bottles & girls just go nuts !!
Hahaha love it.

I've been meaning to do research on this topic any forums dedicated to it?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
545 Posts
lol iits all fun and games till somebody ODs and gets brain damage

·
Registered
84 Posts
Raise your hand in this thread if youve actaully HAD nitrous before?? Thats what I thought, other than a few people that I am aware of.

Its worth it and a GREAT mod if you want a burst of speed occasionally, aka- for a daily driver. Seriously, spend time reading and learning. Dont be discouraged because MOST people are "scared" of it from what they see it movies, and because they have idiot friends. Get a quality kit, and find yourself someone that can tune it. Hooking it up is the easy part. Making sure its tuned, and running it smartly is the tougher part.

All in all, its really not worth it if this is your dedicated DD, and never plan on using the spray. However, if you occasionally take it to the track, or just want to show some buddies and race on the weekends, its a great mod. Let me say that again...its a GREAT mod, and the absolute 100% best bang for the buck. PM me if you have more questions.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Raise your hand in this thread if youve actaully HAD nitrous before?? Thats what I thought, other than a few people that I am aware of.

Its worth it and a GREAT mod if you want a burst of speed occasionally, aka- for a daily driver. Seriously, spend time reading and learning. Dont be discouraged because MOST people are "scared" of it from what they see it movies, and because they have idiot friends. Get a quality kit, and find yourself someone that can tune it. Hooking it up is the easy part. Making sure its tuned, and running it smartly is the tougher part.

All in all, its really not worth it if this is your dedicated DD, and never plan on using the spray. However, if you occasionally take it to the track, or just want to show some buddies and race on the weekends, its a great mod. Let me say that again...its a GREAT mod, and the absolute 100% best bang for the buck. PM me if you have more questions.
can u see my hand....i ve had it raised for 2 hours cmon man ackoledge me my hand is tired :)

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
I agree with Bluestar with one little add on.. research and I am not sure the kit he mentioned was direct inject or a fogger kit.. but If it was me I wouldnt touch a fogger kit! The first 2 cylinders closest to the fogger tend to get more nitrous hence putting alot more strain on the first two pistons where as the direct inject evenly distributes the nitrous to all 4 cylinders.. giving you not only better performance but evens the load across all four cylinders.. just my 2 cents..
direct injection is best... yea i forgot to mention that..however i still recommend fogger for beginners cause of easier setup but i would keep it at like a 25 shot just to see the gains...direct injection is going to cost you more. i see alot of people running foggers more for turboed cars wiht low shots just used to help spool the turbos quicker with no problems . ijust wouldnt recoommend the higher shots without sweitching to direct injection

·
Registered
11,032 Posts

Your correct on the flow of fogger system,50 shots it's max

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey bro, in an attempt to keep this a civilized, informative thread, tell me about your reasoning for using a dry kit? I know the differences, but Ive only personally used wet, and honestly only ever been around wet kits. I was just saying in a PM ive never even seen a dry kit in person. So just wondering the actual user benefits of it for myself, and others that dont know.

Also, I had a fogger, only because thats what my kit came with. Ill second a direct injection is a safer set up for an even distribution, but a fogger is def quick and simple for a 35-ish shot.

PROJECT_RR, you got that info right ^^^ sorry I didnt mention that, but just google that setup along with your research.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ok so i have been reading this page and i my self would like to get a hold of a good Nos kit for my Si. Future mods are RBS intake manifol and short ram intake, no more just to have a fun street car.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Hey bro, in an attempt to keep this a civilized, informative thread, tell me about your reasoning for using a dry kit? I know the differences, but Ive only personally used wet, and honestly only ever been around wet kits. I was just saying in a PM ive never even seen a dry kit in person. So just wondering the actual user benefits of it for myself, and others that dont know.

Also, I had a fogger, only because thats what my kit came with. Ill second a direct injection is a safer set up for an even distribution, but a fogger is def quick and simple for a 35-ish shot.

PROJECT_RR, you got that info right ^^^ sorry I didnt mention that, but just google that setup along with your research.
Dry is quick easy setup and ok for low shots

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts