9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home from work and I was is 3rd gear around 6k rpms and my whole car started thumping bad. Hard to describe but it wouldn’t allow me to get to redline. All that’s done to it is an aem cai and a stock reflash. Idk if the basemap alone could throw it that far out of whack but I’m clueless. I’ll put it back to the stock map in the morning but I’m not sure what the hell happened. Help?

·
Registered
584 Posts
We're going to need more info to help. When were the mods done, how long on the tune?
Any check engine lights? May be limp mode. Haven't had limp mode happen in my Civic, but my Subaru has been in limp mode for over a year and does exactly what you said.

Reactions: Anklebite

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cai done last weekend. Map installed a few weeks ago. No cel, car only has 30,000 miles on it which is why I bought it

·
Registered
584 Posts
I re-read your first post. These cars are very, very sensitive to intake changes. I believe you need a tune, or find a basemap for your intake.
Maybe someone with CAI and tuning will respond with more info.

Reactions: Anklebite

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I definitely need and want a tune. I should have my downpipe done here in a week or two. I changed it back to the stock settings this morning and it ran great. Man I do not like the stock settings. Rev hang sucks. They don’t have a base map for the intake alone 😔

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was on my way home from work and I was is 3rd gear around 6k rpms and my whole car started thumping bad. Hard to describe but it wouldn’t allow me to get to redline. All that’s done to it is an aem cai and a stock reflash. Idk if the basemap alone could throw it that far out of whack but I’m clueless. I’ll put it back to the stock map in the morning but I’m not sure what the hell happened. Help?
Couple things to check, does the calibration you're driving on have "MAP to determine WOT" turned on? Is full-throttle shift enabled? The 9th gens I have tuned that have an issue at 6000rpms are when the WOT pressures are set too high and it disengage open loop operation. Also, with full throttle shift enabled, there is a similar stumble at 6000rpms. I don't know if it's an issue lately with Flashpro Manager software, but the last handful of 9th gens I have tuned have a similar issue with full throttle shift enabled. If you don't have it turned on, or the MAP to determine WOT setting, then it might be a significant fueling issue coming from being MAF tuned with an intake. It really should be MAP tuned.

If need some help with it let me know. I would need to see your calibration and a datalog with twenty minutes of driving. Or if you have the datalog with the violent feel you describe, that would be even better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the Hondata stock reflash on the car so I could kill the rev hang and it did. After the 6k issue I reset to stock settings and it lets me rev out to 7k no problem. I would not doubt that the map to determine wot was turned off but I’m not sure how to check if it’s turned on either I haven’t played with the flash pro much. My plan is to leave the settings alone until it’s tuned. I read countless places that you’re not supposed to run basemaps anymore than short term but I got to learn that the hard way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts