9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I HAVE A RALLEY RED SEDAN SI I JUST INSTALLED A VIPER remote start system 5704 WIT GPS TRACKING AND IPHONE REMOTE START ITS GRATE BUT JUST WANNA LET U GUY NOW THAT ITS REMOTE START HAS A SAFTY FEATURE... THE ONLY WAY IT WORKS IS BY SETTING IT UP EVERY TIME U GET OUT THE CAR..WHICH SUCKS ...THEY DID TELL ME ABOUT THAT... SO WANNA LET U GUYS KNOW ABOUT IT........ I HAVE TO GO REDO IT AGAIN AND GET IT BYPASS....JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT IN NEUTRAL AT ALL TIME WHICH I DO...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interesting to know you were able to get it done. I took my ride to Alamo Auto Supply in El Paso, Texas and they told me they wouldn't do the install with the remote start because of safety issues and the liability with it. Can't see how they would be liable since they're not driving it. After a little thought into it I really saw no reason for remote start anyway, not here in the southwest. It's a cool feature...maybe if I lived in a cold state.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I HAVE A RALLEY RED SEDAN SI I JUST INSTALLED A VIPER remote start system 5704 WIT GPS TRACKING AND IPHONE REMOTE START ITS GRATE BUT JUST WANNA LET U GUY NOW THAT ITS REMOTE START HAS A SAFTY FEATURE... THE ONLY WAY IT WORKS IS BY SETTING IT UP EVERY TIME U GET OUT THE CAR..WHICH SUCKS ...THEY DID TELL ME ABOUT THAT... SO WANNA LET U GUYS KNOW ABOUT IT........ I HAVE TO GO REDO IT AGAIN AND GET IT BYPASS....JUST HAVE TO HAVE IT IN NEUTRAL AT ALL TIME WHICH I DO...
Pretty easy to program it not to do that. It is a safety concern but i wired mine up to not start unless the parking break is engaged. That setting it for manual mode is a pain!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts