9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I connect my phone via blue tooth and watch a video,there is a delay from picture to sound.

Is this common? Any solutions?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I noticed the same thing. There's a long lag. None of my Bluetooth headphones have any noticable lag, but believe it's common on the Civic.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ive not experienced that with other Bluetooth devices.
Sorry, I should have specified that it's usually not noticeable unless using video, and generally it's not terribly bad. This occurs because of the latency involved with the wireless transmission. With the newer codecs it's less pronounced, but with the older codecs you'll notice it much more. Chances are the unit is using SBC which definitely would cause some latency.

SBC: The default - sounds like crap, and is the reason bluetooth audio has such a bad rap.
MPEG12: MP3.
MPEG24: AAC. Between the two of these, most compressed music should sound no worse than the actual original files.
ATRAC: Some Sony standard.
APTX: Lossless. Here we go. This trumps even the headphone jack.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I should have specified that it's usually not noticeable unless using video, and generally it's not terribly bad. This occurs because of the latency involved with the wireless transmission. With the newer codecs it's less pronounced, but with the older codecs you'll notice it much more. Chances are the unit is using SBC which definitely would cause some latency.

SBC: The default - sounds like crap, and is the reason bluetooth audio has such a bad rap.
MPEG12: MP3.
MPEG24: AAC. Between the two of these, most compressed music should sound no worse than the actual original files.
ATRAC: Some Sony standard.
APTX: Lossless. Here we go. This trumps even the headphone jack.
I figured as much.(Not the specifics,but basically that its older technology)

So you think a newer head unit will eliminate some or most of the lag?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts