9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon good people, i just bought my new '12 Si Sedan. I want to start looking for aftermarket suspension and other items, but its been my understanding that these things will void your warranty? Can anyone confirm this? I am still going to pick up these itemsfor when i am able to install them, but it may not b right away. Btw, i am new to this forum site, or any forum site actually, go easy on me, haha. Thank u.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey D_u_a_n_e, what's happening? SO yea, I have the same car except I leased mine and the explanation I received from the dealership was that most aftermarket parts could be added on to the car BUT they need to be installed by the dealership.

·
Registered
865 Posts
From what I was told I can do anything as long as its not electrical. Doubt that's true though. Someone clear this up

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
141 Posts
The dealership has to prove the part installed caused the failure. If you install lowering spings and your motor blows up... you lowering springs will not cause the warranty to void.

If you install a aftermarket clutch and the transmission blows up... well, I hope you get my point.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank u guys for the response.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It only voids the warranty on the part you replaced and parts it affects. The dealer must prove that it caused the failure. Many dealers will refuse to do warranty work even if the parts have nothing to do with the failure. In that case you need to get Honda involved.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone appo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts