9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with my 2012 Honda Civic EX Sedan... when I am driving, and remaining at the same speed, my volume constantly goes up and down. I have brought it in several times, and had them replace my whole stereo system, and it is still happening. I know when you drive faster its suppose to get louder, but this isn't the problem. I am set on cruise, and my volume is constantly going up and down. Has anyone else had this problem?! I am getting so frustrated and need some answers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've noticed when I slow down the sound goes down then builds back up as I build speed. Haven't experienced what you're experiencing and most likely should not be happening. Have you checked you audio settings?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Have they replaced the mic. ?

·
Registered
717 Posts
same here, when i speed up my sound goes up a bit. not too loud but nocticeable

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tran same here, when i speed up my sound goes up a bit. not too loud but nocticeable

Artomoz
I've noticed when I slow down the sound goes down then builds back up as I build speed.

hey guys, all civics (minus the DX) are equipped with SVC, speed-sensitive volume control. this will automatically increase and decrease the volume of your radio depending on your vehicles speed. this option can be turned off in the radios options.

[HR][/HR]
mandyyy37 I am having a problem with my 2012 Honda Civic EX Sedan... when I am driving, and remaining at the same speed, my volume constantly goes up and down. I have brought it in several times, and had them replace my whole stereo system, and it is still happening. I know when you drive faster its suppose to get louder, but this isn't the problem. I am set on cruise, and my volume is constantly going up and down. Has anyone else had this problem?! I am getting so frustrated and need some answers.

if your volume fluctuates while maintaining a constant speed then i would think there is an electrical malfunction somewhere. if the dealer has already replaced the radio and the problem still exists then they need to dig deeper into the system. i dont think a mic should have anything to do with the problem because the SVC is electronically controlled and linked to your speed. hopefully this will help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just left the dealership a week ago there is a civic bulletin for the issue. The resolution is a software upgrade they need to load into you head unit. If they say anything request a tech ride along and while driving have them put head unit into diag mode they will see speed sensor indicating the car is going at speed then dropping to 0 then back to speed takes about 15 to 20 min for upgrade to be completed. This solved my issues at least best of luck guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for this info. I had the same problem and did some searching and came across your post. I took my car to the dealer and they didn't believe me. But miraculously, when the tech was driving the car it did the sound drop so they did the software upgrade. I never would have known if you hadn't posted this message. So thanks again :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts