9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was just starting my car as always, everything normal, waited until my coolant blue light went off, started driving.
When I started geting some speed, noticed that the car was slowing down,in neutral the RPMs when up normal, but I wasn't able to get any speed, I noticed that the traction control light turned up everytime the car slowed down.
I parked and turned off the car, started again and there was not any 'breaking' or traction control light, but suddenly the VSA, Break System, and Power Steering warnings came up into the dash and the screen.
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Automotive lighting Car

I have a 2014 SI coupe. Please help, where should I start? Is this something common?

·
Truck? What truck?!
28,017 Posts
Just as an aside, waiting for the coolant temp light to go out before driving is completely unnecessary. Start the car, buckle up, adjust whatever you normally adjust, and drive off. 30 seconds is more than enough time to wait.

As to your issue, yes, the battery would be the first place I'd look/check. How long has it been in the car and for how many miles? Have it load tested at a trusted local garage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just as an aside, waiting for the coolant temp light to go out before driving is completely unnecessary. Start the car, buckle up, adjust whatever you normally adjust, and drive off. 30 seconds is more than enough time to wait.

As to your issue, yes, the battery would be the first place I'd look/check. How long has it been in the car and for how many miles? Have it load tested at a trusted local garage.
Thanks, actually I bought the car about two weeks ago, I don't know how much time it has been on the car, I tested the voltages and it seems to be OK, also the alternator is charging properly. I'll update what my mechanic says after getting it scanned. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
All of those lights come on when you have the MAF disconnected. If you change the air filter for example and forget to connect the MAF back, all of those lights will come on. So, since it was driving fine and then all of those lights came on and you lost some power, I would check the MAF connection. It may have come loose.

·
Photoshop Masta
3,194 Posts
All of those lights come on when you have the MAF disconnected. If you change the air filter for example and forget to connect the MAF back, all of those lights will come on. So, since it was driving fine and then all of those lights came on and you lost some power, I would check the MAF connection. It may have come loose.
Yeah, and it can also be the gas cap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the update: Although the board lights went out, the ABS / VSA failure appeared on the scanner, my mechanic restarted them, I was driving it and they didn't turn on anymore.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was just about to say this. Those lights turn on for me when the maf gets disconnected too

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check your battery and also keep in mind it could also be you ABS modulator. Had the same codes and swapped the abs modulator from a wrecked 9th gen si and codes never came back. Make sure to use flared wrenches for the brake lines, and bleed the brakes after too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all your answers car is working fine after the lights turned off and my mechanic did a reset with the scanner. They never came back, I hope it stays that way for a long time. Tested the battery and alternator, everything seems to be working fine. :)

·
Truck? What truck?!
28,017 Posts
Thank you for the followup solution post.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts