9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My 2013 Civic is giving me hell. In the spring time my ABS/VSA/Power Steering lights came on, and my Honda just left it's warranty. My local mechanic tried everything from sensors, to wires. Eventually, I took it to a Honda Dealer, and they said it was the VSA Modulator. In May they replaced the modulator for $1500. Today, the same 3 lights came back on, 3 months later. Arg, I'm starting to really hate civics. Anyone know what's up? I'm about to call the dealership in the morning.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I would start at the battery.
Make sure the battery is "good" and fully charged.
Check the battery cables, both at the battery and at the other end of the cable terminations.

Beyond that you will need to have the system scanned with a Honda scan tool or laptop computer with HDS software & interface.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I replaced the battery yesterday with a expensive top of the line battery (Very cold where I live). The 3 lights came on exactly like the one in the video above. ABS, VSA, Power Steering. I've had every wheel sensor replaced in this car. New Battery. I replaced the VSA Modulator, done by the Dealership 2 months ago. This was expensive! The lights went off for 2 months and came back on 2 days ago. A week ago, I felt something strange in my brake. When I was going slow speed ~10mph, the brake would feel like the ABS was activating, rumbling the pedal halfway through the press. A long with this, the noise the abs usually makes presented itsel (a scratchy quiet grinding noise). The ABS lights never came on during this. This only happened when the car had been driven for ~15 minutes and was warmed up. On the day this problem magically went away, the 3 lights came back on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was it anything like this?

Mine does that what is it??

Yes, I replaced the battery yesterday with a expensive top of the line battery (Very cold where I live). The 3 lights came on exactly like the one in the video above. ABS, VSA, Power Steering. I've had every wheel sensor replaced in this car. New Battery. I replaced the VSA Modulator, done by the Dealership 2 months ago. This was expensive! The lights went off for 2 months and came back on 2 days ago. A week ago, I felt something strange in my brake. When I was going slow speed ~10mph, the brake would feel like the ABS was activating, rumbling the pedal halfway through the press. A long with this, the noise the abs usually makes presented itsel (a scratchy quiet grinding noise). The ABS lights never came on during this. This only happened when the car had been driven for ~15 minutes and was warmed up. On the day this problem magically went away, the 3 lights came back on.
Did you ever find the problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts