9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has 48000 I put rims and tires on it and got it tuned but now vsa and power steering light on power steering is working as it should but light stays on anybody come across this issue?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Car has 48000 I put rims and tires on it and got it tuned but now vsa and power steering light on power steering is working as it should but light stays on anybody come across this issue?
Can you give some more info? Were you tuned on a dyno and the lights popped up? If so they will clear on their own after driving for a while.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah car was tuned and dynoed and still on drove about 50 miles since tune was done

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,104 Posts
Potentially silly question: were the in-wheel sensors installed in your new wheels? 2013s still need them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found problem their was a disconnected brake switch and I plugged it back in lights are gone

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8th gen civic si question

I just got done putting over 2 grand in head gasket timing chain guides arp headstuds exedy clutch and flywheel got back from private mechanic and their was metal shavings in the vtec solenoid screen would not let vtec engage long story short 2 months after all this work done car has a loud grinding noise in it and took to dealer and they could not find the problem but they sent me these pictures that the mechanic that worked on the car did to my motor I want to here your feedback if u would acceptwhat the dealer showed me this is what this asshole mechanic did to my car

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have so many questions.
Why are you getting a head gasket and clutch at 48k miles?
I'm not even sure what those pictures are. I see a ton of rtv sealant?
The car was tuned in this condition?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 8th gen civic has 130000 on it and the guy that did all this work cracked the timing chain cover and used jb weld and if u zoom in on the one picture u will see it was dremeled

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This car was tuned when I bought it not recently I have 3 civic si 2 8th gen 1 9th gen

·
Registered
936 Posts
So what do the pictures have to do with the original post? The pictures are of an 8th gen? Wrong forum and totally unrelated to your vsa issue...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts