9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K&N installed.jpg

1 - Remove the rubber holding the box (#1) + the resonator together. ( At this point you're already done. But you can improve the sound still *a lot*)
+ Yaddah .. You're sucking some hot air. (I dont care as a daily driver for work.. i'm not racing in town!)
+ Let that resonator in place.. it still brings some fresh air right in front of your air box entry. Wonderful. (hot air almost fixed!)

*So... to improve that sound.. *
2 - Open the air box (#2)
3 - Remove the factory air filter (#3)
4 - Install a K&N air filter (#4) or any aftermarket one that has a better airflow CFM.

Just using an aftermarket airflow in a closed airbox is pretty useless (sound wise).. but with the airbox opened like that... I noticed a huge difference in the sound using that K&N air filter. (REALLY close of a cone)

That "mod" is so easy.. kinda useless to describe and all but i know some ppl needs a lot of info to just open a can of pepsi!

Did it worth the 50$ on that K&N ? Yes.

Keep in mind its all about having the best sound for free or cheap. I recommend that K&N with that setup. If anyone want a sound clip i can tomorrow after work.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here the sound.. from inside the windows closed. its cold!

·
Registered
545 Posts
i like how you changed mph to kph to make it seem alot faster....your awesome :thumbdown:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
i like how you changed mph to kph to make it seem alot faster....your awesome :thumbdown:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Maybe he's Canadian.
:facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's more than the US in the world.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Here the sound.. from inside the windows closed. its cold!

Nice setup. K&N made my Si a tiny bit louder, but opening the piping to the air box like that makes it an SRI. Good for noisy. Check out resonator removal to get some of the sound and stock cold air piping.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah but that ~2 mins mods is perfect for me atm for what i want/need. And probably not going to change it in the future. And next week i'll install that DC Sports muffler i ordered. Gonna be all sound wise.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
There's more than the US in the world.

Lies i tell you....lies.... oh wait.my wife says you right.... crap..hate it when im wrong....

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 33 Posts