9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,,been car searching for a few years off and on. As I have been searching craigslist and dealers in my area for used cars, I have found a few that look good from an overall reliability and quality standpoint. I am currently thinking about going and looking at this 2013 Civic LX Sedan. The listing is here at Bettendorf Autos (located in east Iowa), can't post links currently, let me know if you need more info.

I have looked up the VIN on vehiclehistory.com and found no red flags based on my knowledge. I am wondering if there is anything I should be looking for besides the typical possible ailments of a used car. From researching the internet for problems related to this year and trim level of the Civic, I have found some complaints at carcomplaints.com and I am wondering how widespread some of those issues are (or if they are of any concern at all). In addition, at 85,000 miles, I am wondering what type of maintenance records I should be looking for to see if any has been done with this type of mileage. Lastly, I was wondering if the price was fair based on the limited information in the ad. NADA shows it at $9300 and KBB shows a range of $8700-$10528, It seems to be right in the middle range.

Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,388 Posts
From researching the internet for problems related to this year and trim level of the Civic, I have found some complaints at carcomplaints.com and I am wondering how widespread some of those issues are (or if they are of any concern at all).
What complaints have you found?

·
Registered
547 Posts
***Check to make sure air blows cold for a good while. I checked on my Civic Si, and it was great for the first minute (all I ran it for during test drive in the winter)...turned out that's all the longer it will run.***

Side note, after several years it still doesn't work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’ve owned my 13 EX MT for almost 2 years now. It’s about tied with my 95 Si for longest car I’ve owned out of the 8 I’ve had. I babied it for a month or two and since then I’ve beat the living snot out of it. I bought it off a lease return from Honda Canada and I’ve only done general maintenance (oil, filters and rear brakes this winter). It does burn a bit of oil but that’s because I redline every gear every chance I get. If you’re looking for something reliable and cheap to maintain this would be the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts