9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone , New user here at 9th gen :icon_wave:

Im planning on adding an aftermarket intake , HID"s and a new exhaust system to the my new lx.

My question to those who know about the Canadian plus warranty , does Honda Canada have
a list of approved aftermarket parts dealers /installers ?

Im in Ontario , and dealing with Barrie Honda for the finance of my new car, If i go in for general maintenance will the service center
hassle me because of my parts ? ive heard Honda is very picky .

Will they cover the warranty on parts made by brands because its a OEM or greater quality part installed by an authorized dealer ?

I know that if anything goes wrong honda has to prove that my aftermarket part caused the malfuntion itself,
I looked online @ honda.ca/owners and went into the warranty section and their FAQ's but i couldnt seem to find any information
about aftermarket part installation.

anyone with additional information please feel free to post ! Thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
The rule of thumb is anything that has to do with the engine performance it will void your warranty. Even if it is an upgrade, bottom line honda will connect it to the problem somehow and the end.

Few parts like head/taillights, HIDs, body parts, rims would not have anything to do with the engine warranty but may void other warranty you bought additionally. Then there are those that varies from dealership like suspension and exhaust these are the ones you usually have to clarify with your local dealership.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Barrie Honda is the worst, have you dealt with them before? Are you paying extra for the "Plus" warranty? Only reason I deal with is because mine is a company car and they cover all the cost, otherwise I'd be going somewhere else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive heard Barrie honda isnt the best dealership , blue mountain honda will be my 2nd choice if I need to switch dealers somewhere down the road. i will ask at the service department tomorrow about my plus warranty , and yes with the purchase of the new car I did get the plus warranty , 7yr 200,000 km

·
Registered
976 Posts
Orangeville Honda is known for good customer service too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts