9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
OP mentioned 16.9% financing?! Run away from that deal! This is how the top 1% got rich... By taking advantage of people with less than 'stellar' credit.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using AutoGuide.com App
Yeah it was brutal, there's no way I was gonna pay that much. I was hoping the dealers would try to work something out since it's going to be under my dads name and one of his credit scores is kinda bad. I going to continue looking around to see if we can work something out if not I'll just wait a couple months till his credit goes up and just cash the car out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What he said! Right now anything over 5% interest is a deal breaker for me. Keep looking, it took me 4 dealers to find a good deal on my 12 civic Si sedan. The first one wanted to give me 6000 for a car that was $8900 kbb trade in value, $2000 limited availability, and a $2000 protection package that my dealer includes in the dealer prep. for around $500! ! I ended up finding a dealer that gave me 7900 for my trade , and nothing over sticker ! Talk about being greedy! I bought my si at Pompano Honda in south Florida and saved $5900!!! The dealer that was bending me over was Braman Honda of Palm Beach Fl. I tried to see if they would come down at all they "Said take it or leave it! If you don't buy it for that price someone else will. I went to Pompano Honda and told them what I was going to pay and five minutes later I was putting down a $500 dollar deposit to hold the car.

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
976 Posts
$2000 for limited availability, and $2000 protection package? Yikes!

·
Registered
250 Posts
You need to go to the bay area bud. I looked around in Modesto for my EX-L and they were asking for 2,000 more than the bay area dealerships. Well worth the drive out there.

Sent from my Desire HD

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
You need to go to the bay area bud. I looked around in Modesto for my EX-L and they were asking for 2,000 more than the bay area dealerships. Well worth the drive out there.

Sent from my Desire HD
That's my next stop, hopefully I can find something out there. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
250 Posts
That's my next stop, hopefully I can find something out there. Thanks for the advice.
If you do go check out Stevens Creek Honda. Good service and really kind people. I got my civic there and I asked for them to install and alarm on it but they could not do it until the next day. I didn't want to have to drive back so they paid to have my civic towed to Modesto. For those unfimilar, its about 100 miles apart.

Sent from my Desire HD

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Have you tried mel rapton honda on fulton ave, University Honda in Davis, Carmichael Honda on Auburn blvd?

Carmichael Honda has a 2012 Rally Red 4 Door Si Sedan

2012 Honda Civic Sdn 4dr Man Si | Sacramento Honda Dealer | Carmichael Honda |496271

University Honda has a 4 door si sedan too

http://www.universityhonda.com/new/Honda/2012-Honda-Civic-Sacramento-6fc3a5900a0d0649006bf80bef5a70be.htm

Mel Rapton has a coupe si

http://melraptonhonda.uptracs.com/vehicle/2012-Honda-Civic-Sacramento_Honda_Dealer-510590.html

·
Registered
219 Posts
dude 16.9%????? honda is offering .9 up to 36MO and 1.9 up to 60MO. Do your research before you ever go to a dealer. cars.com and truecar.com are great tools to see what other people are paying for the same car. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Have you tried mel rapton honda on fulton ave, University Honda in Davis, Carmichael Honda on Auburn blvd?

Carmichael Honda has a 2012 Rally Red 4 Door Si Sedan

2012 Honda Civic Sdn 4dr Man Si | Sacramento Honda Dealer | Carmichael Honda |496271

University Honda has a 4 door si sedan too

New 2012 Honda Civic Si For Sale in Davis CA | Serving Sacramento, Vacaville, Woodland, & Elk Grove | 20629

Mel Rapton has a coupe si

2012 Honda Civic in Sacramento Honda Dealer | Dealer in Sacramento Honda Dealer
I'll be sure to try and contact them and see if I can get a good deal. Thanks for the info!

dude 16.9%????? honda is offering .9 up to 36MO and 1.9 up to 60MO. Do your research before you ever go to a dealer. cars.com and truecar.com are great tools to see what other people are paying for the same car. Good luck.
Yeah the 16.9% made me walk out the door. They were trying to ask me what's what with the deal and what was it that's making me leave lol a civic is not worth 35k. Those dealers are crazy and I'm actually offended the presented me with such an offer.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Also, i believe our member here by the name of Haw'N Si works at Carmichael Honda.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i can also run a dealer "locator" to tell you what dealers in your region has what in-stock and incoming by state. Cant tell you if it's sold or not though. I work for a Honda dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to 2 different dealers who were charging a "dealer fee"

I was able to have that fee waived from the sales manager, as this fee is simply robbery IMO

Argue a bit and, dealer might not want to lose a sale for 100-200$

·
Registered
69 Posts
All those fees are just ways for dealers to make more of a profit. If you go on edmunds.com you can see what the list, sticker, msrp and invoice prices are for your car. When I bought my civic lx 4d, it had $1300 in options on it, including a $109 wheel lock set, a $100 rubber trunk liner, $150 pinstriping and some expensive floor mats. The only reason they add that stuff is so they can make money on a car they would only make $1000 if you pay full price, which you wont (unless you cant negotiate). With all of the options my car msrp for $19,800 usd. Then add $2000 for tax, tag, title, dealer fee, f-me up the anus fee, etc. They know you are going to immediately low ball (if you are smart) so then they can chop off that obligatory $1000 and still make some bucks on the car. They will go even lower if you finance because they will add 2% usually to the percentage rate (unless you have a 800 credit score and qualify for the 0.9% rate). If you are smart you will go in there and just give them an out the door number because otherwise it dont mean anything, they will throw fees upon fees if you dont. My wife and I went in knowing we were paying cash which puts us on the shitlist already, but we were able to walk out the door at $19,250, which is about $2500 off the final price and even less than the invoice price before all the other bs. In the end, remember you are a number to them, not a friend or even a wanted customer. A number, how much can I make off them.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Update. Delivery dates have come and gone(3/6 to 3/10). Dealer not willing to call trucking company. Getting really pissed.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
219 Posts
still waiting on my CBP SI sedan w/ Nav. Dealer said I should have it by the end of the month. lets hope so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just ordered 2012 Civic SI coupe today. I got it for OTD $21,899. That included a $199 document fee. I had to do a lot of talking to get the price down. Hopefully I did okay.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts