9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing a 4.5L washer fluid reservoir with level sensor (from the Canadian model) in my 2014 Civic Hybrid (US). I was hoping to find a connector for the sensor so I could get a warning on the dashboard when I was low on fluid, but no avail. So for those of you in Canada (or those who have the Canadian model); what's on the other end of the wiring harness that goes to the sensor? Also, is the harness available from Honda?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As it turns out, the sensor terminates at the instrument cluster. And grounding that pin on my cluster does nothing. So has anyone here done any cluster wiring?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
i check mine when nothing comes out of the nozzels when i activate the switch. get home, fill it. easy peasy -this being my non-honda owned cars.

actually, my dealer fills it whenever i need them too. just drive in, ask them to top off fluids, and they do between oil changes. always has since first honda i've ever owned in 1988.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I know it's a lot of work for a little thing. But my ultimate goal with this car is to turn it into something that could wear an Acura badge without any questions. I've already added rain sensing wipers, and padded and lighted sun visors; if this is something as simple as adding a few electronic components, I doubt it'll be much worse than either of those.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I believe this is a worth while thing to figure out.
For methanol Injection, a larger tank is fantastic (soon, I hope soon).
For anyone living in the salt belt, a larger tank is also wise.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All right, so, if one looks at the back of the instrument cluster, there are some open pads for electrical components. That's a pretty standard practice - just design the board once and use different components depending on the application (in this instance, US vs. Canada). kev604, would you happen to have a picture of the back of your instrument cluster? I'm thinking that area right below the connector is the difference, I'd need to know which components go there.

Also, since the odometer data is stored in that cluster, I need a way to back it up before doing this.

I realize I may have waded into some deep waters here...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts