9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Civic EX Sedan with 35900 miles . Yesterday I found towels in the trunk soaking wet. I called the dealer and they want $100.00 to look at it because it is 3 months past the 3 year warranty. Has anyone else had an issue with leaks.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
I wouldn't pay them anything to "look at it". I would pay them to fix the leak.

I'll look at it for only $50.

·
Registered
264 Posts
First thing I would check is the seal around the opening of the trunk.

Or if u can get a friend to hold a hose over the trunk while your in it, that works too.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I have a 2012 Civic EX Sedan with 35900 miles . Yesterday I found towels in the trunk soaking wet. I called the dealer and they want $100.00 to look at it because it is 3 months past the 3 year warranty. Has anyone else had an issue with leaks.

No.
Find the leak yourself.
First inspect the trunk seal for damage.
Next determine if the water is clean or dirty. Dirty water comes from water splashed up by the tires.
If water is dirty, check the seam sealer in the trunk and inner fenders.

If clean water, and it's raining get in the trunk with a flash light then look for the leak.

·
Registered
830 Posts
You could have a leak in the lower radiator hose that is splashing down as you drive, then at approximately 56 mph the shear force of the wind is causing the water to rebound at a perpendicular angle to the lower body/trunk seam, coupled with the vibration harmonics the body is experiencing, could be letting the water in.

OR....

You could just need a new trunk seal.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,459 Posts
You could have a leak in the lower radiator hose that is splashing down as you drive, then at approximately 56 mph the shear force of the wind is causing the water to rebound at a perpendicular angle to the lower body/trunk seam, coupled with the vibration harmonics the body is experiencing, could be letting the water in.

OR....

You could just need a new trunk seal.
You do have alot of time on your hands don't you lol.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Right now I do. I'm at work by myself, and they're closed, so yeah. Fine with me though....I'm getting paid to do nothing.
Have you checked in to getting welfare? As least that would legitimize it in some people's eyes. Obama would also be happy to give away more money we don't have. That's apparently an addiction you could help feed. I don't think that was politically correct......just correct. Happy New Year by the way. Talk to GM and you might be able to get into opossum ranching if you passed his muster. Big "if" though. There's a place for you in this world. May be prison or may not be. You may be a billionaire who's time hasn't come yet. Remember that dude Roadcourse if it happens. I'm always here for ya, pal...LOL! ;)

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Right now I do. I'm at work by myself, and they're closed, so yeah. Fine with me though....I'm getting paid to do nothing.
Have you checked in to getting welfare? As least that would legitimize it in some people's eyes. Obama would also be happy to give away more money we don't have. That's apparently an addiction you could help feed. I don't think that was politically correct......just correct. Happy New Year by the way. Talk to GM and you might be able to get into opossum ranching if you passed his muster. Big "if" though. There's a place for you in this world. May be prison or may not be. You may be a billionaire who's time hasn't come yet. Remember that dude Roadcourse if it happens. I'm always here for ya, pal...LOL! ;)
Some days, I wonder why so many folks are on the forum when they should be working.
I'm retired, what's yall's excuse?

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Some days, I wonder why so many folks are on the forum when they should be working.
I don't have or need any excuses. I own two businesses therefore, I set my own hours. I've almost always lived and worked by my own clock (except for the military's clock) instead of punching a clock. I likely work more hours than the vast majority of people on this forum. I come here a lot after intense work as an escape. What's your excuse?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I don't have or need any excuses. I own two businesses therefore, I set my own hours. I've almost always lived and worked by my own clock (except for the military's clock) instead of punching a clock. I likely work more hours than the vast majority of people on this forum. I come here a lot after intense work as an escape. What's your excuse?

I venture to say that you are in the minority here. Both as business owner and as responsible for yourself.
What businesses?
Me no excuse beyond that I can.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I disappeared from this forum for the past few months because of how much I was working. I literally did not have time aside from working, spending time with my wife, and taking care of the house and pets. Glad to have a little more free time.

As for the leak, as others have said, first take a shot at it yourself. $100 is a lot to spend to have someone diagnose a leak, though plumbers get paid a lot more than that.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,459 Posts
Sometimes I have to work afternoons or nights so my days are free. Also my work is pretty stress free so I never need to mentally or physically take any work home with me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My car has the rear deck lid spoiler. I think the leak is coming from the inserts at the outer edge. The dealer had to work on it at about 20k miles. There is water leaking at the outer edges.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts