9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in proces sof water pump replacement. Was looking for a good guide on replacement. I can only find write ups for 8th gen 1.8l. What service books are good to buy? Anywho i have a 2012 civic ex 1.8l. Any help is much appricated

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
was yours starting to leak?

i believe the R18 engine was introduced at the beginning of the 8th gen model. it ran thru 2015, so your 2012 should follow the same procedures for the most part.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Unless it was already leaking or making abnormal noises i wouldnt touch it.
Can't stop him now fellas. He was already told this information in another thread.

Your R18 is the same as the previous iteration. Follow the guidelines for the 8th gen and you should be fine. Hope you bought a Honda one because all those aftermarket parts are shit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think you have less mileage than me? ( im at 120k miles now) i recently changed my pumps gasket. My point is your pump is probaly still good.
If you do end up changing it, you have to remove the belt tensioner. When reinstalling, make sure you torque it correctly because my tensioner leaked its grease and it has a little but of play, now my engine sounds like its knocking.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I am in proces sof water pump replacement. Was looking for a good guide on replacement. I can only find write ups for 8th gen 1.8l. What service books are good to buy? Anywho i have a 2012 civic ex 1.8l. Any help is much appricated
Go here: https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx spend 10 bucks and go crazy.

The Honda site will not allow meaningful electronic download or save function.
So you will have to print the instructions.

·
Registered
68 Posts
One of the bolts holding the auto tensioner uses a hex bit the other is 10 or 12mm. Use a 3/4 wrench to loosen belt tension. Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My car has 161k on it. The water pumpe was weaping and burning off on the engine. Thank you for all the help. I put it back together and all is fine. Yes tensioner was a pain to taje out two kinds. Of screws.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts