9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least I think its the weatherstripping. Its only on the driver door, only when the window is all the way down. Whenever I open the door, or go over a bump, or basically do anything to tap that outside weatherstripping on the window, it rattles. Anyone else have this or have a remedy? It doesnt happen if I hold that weatherstripping when I close the door or anything. So Im trying to look for an easy way to fix it.

Just want to know if anyone else's does this.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah? I tried searching on here, but didnt see anything as far as this window weatherstripping rattle goes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ehh....yeah now that Ive dug I see several threads on this same issue. Didnt know it was that common on these!

Still searching the forums for a solution, if one exists at this point.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Noticed the same thing. If you don't roll the window ALL the way down it goes away,
I think mine does it on both drivers side and passenger.
Just turn the awesome sounding radio up and drown it out! Wait....

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^True, but I got a Honda because of its rep for being made tightly, and everything just working correctly without these minor issues. Thats why I got rid of my Saturn, because of these cheap rattles and such.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should really do reasearch on vehicles before you buy them. the 2012 civic lineup is notoriously slammed because of the driving noises produced, that is why they are changing alot of things for the 2013 lineup...

There are no bulletins out as of now listed on in.honda.com (a Honda technicians resource)

Tylor

·
Registered
405 Posts
I hate the rattle, when i have my music at full volume the rattle is really annoying cant imagine what its going to be like whrn i put in a sub

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
I brought me car in to have this rattle fixed. They took the door apart added some foam (caulking?) of some sort and wrote that the problem was fixed. Problem was not fixed however and even seems to be slightly worse. Before when playing fairly loud music with the front windows all the way down I heard loud rattles, so I would put the windows up a couple inches and the rattles would stop. Now sometimes I hear rattles in the door even when the windows are all the way up. Got to bring it back. Doh!!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
If you think that's bad, my driver's side door actually has an obscene amount of wind noise (near whistling) coming from the "seam" when it is completely closed.

If I press the button down for a fraction of a second, it goes away and is significantly quieter.

I am very, very disappointing in the build quality of this car. Not only are the parts subpar compared to the 8th gen (on the whole), the assembly seems half-assed. No disrespect intended to anyone on here who assembles them.

I already have a list of 10 issues that need fixing on my car with 4,000 miles on it. It's gonna take months for them to get to all of them...sigh.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
When I installed aftermarket speakers , I placed sound deadening material behind vapor barrier and on back side of door skin. This reduced vibration and stopped the molding rattle with window down.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

1 - 11 of 11 Posts