9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which does everyone prefer? Quality, fittment, and looks taking into consideration?

I want to get something so I don't wreck my pretty Si mats :p

Pictures of each would be nice if you have either one of these, or possibly others that I didn't list that you may use.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Weathertech's are amazing. The OEM ones are nice, but they still allow dirt and debri past their edge's......the Weathertechs hold all the dirt and all you need to do when there is too much dirt in them is remove and empty, with very little vacuuming needed.....After this past winter was over, I just removed and power washed them and there was practically no dust or debri underneath. I'll get another set for my Si this fall as well... I say get the Weathertechs and don't look back :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Which does everyone prefer? Quality, fittment, and looks taking into consideration?

I want to get something so I don't wreck my pretty Si mats :p

Pictures of each would be nice if you have either one of these, or possibly others that I didn't list that you may use.
Have had both, weather tech the best. don't cover up your factory si mats take them out, and put them away some where

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have the oem all weather mats its pretty good but seeing the weathertech you can tell it's better being that it cover up the sides, also will keep more of the dirt and debris in versus oem mats dirt can still come out over the sides. Will get a set of the weathertech mats in the near future.

FB2 Squad #10

·
Registered
182 Posts
20120611_150400.jpg 20120611_170040.jpg
the oem goes cheaper than the weathertech if ur buying online, dealer wanted 220 for oem all season mats

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
you should probably get weathertech. it's overall better. and i heard the oem all weather mats have problems against snow and i think it snows in alberta.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have Weathertechs in front and back. The coverage/fit are perfect, and the ridges are deep. They seem to be sturdy, although since I have only had them 2 weeks or so I cannot speak for the long-term durability.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
I have Weathertechs in front and back. The coverage/fit are perfect, and the ridges are deep. They seem to be sturdy, although since I have only had them 2 weeks or so I cannot speak for the long-term durability.
+1 Thats the way to go!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had them for 6 months now, no complaints at all, they still look great and keep all the dirt out of carpets. You gotta be careful with one thing though, once, I accidently laid the mat right on the accelerator, didn't even notice (i think its easy to do if your not paying attention, they'll even pop right in the fasteners), so when i started the car, it just started revving like crazy, scared the hell out of me, lol.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
My buddy has a set in front and back and they work flawless you won't regret it!

Reactions: scottyrocks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Originally Posted by mno86One winter with the stuff they call carpet in our cars and you'll be pedaling like Fred Flintstone.

Weathertech gets much better coverage than oem all weather or carpet.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the OEM ones in my 8th gen and the salt and dirt still get on the carpet. I have Weathertechs in my 9th and I'll never use anything else. Like the others have said, they are well worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm very close to ordering a full set of WeatherTechs for my Si. My boss got a set for his Camry and I was very impressed with the fit and quality.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
No question. WeatherTech. I've owned both.

The ONLY downside to the WeatherTech mats is that I've had warping issues on the passenger side mats due to the fact that Honda failed to put an 'hooks' on the floor to hold the passenger side mats in place, so it slides around the passenger footwell, despite its flawless fit, and it causes the side closest to the door trim to "warp" and bend and wave. I did some Googling and other cars have similar issues. Thankfully, you can take them out, bend them outwards, and after a few hours, they'll be flush again - still kind of a pain in the ass.

If there were clips to hold the mat in place (and Honda hadn't cost cut them), this wouldn't likely be an issue. Or, if WeatherTech would put the rubber nubs on the bottom of the mats to grip...they are just smooth plastic.

Here's a picture of the warping I've experienced (disregard my grossly misaligned glove box...apparently Honda also cut all Quality Controls at their factories). All things considered though, they are still the best protection you can buy if you have snow or mud. The OEM ones are good for rain, but that's about it, and for the similar price, you may as well get the higher quality ones.

image-1.jpeg image-2.jpeg image-3.jpeg image.jpeg

1 - 20 of 76 Posts