9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to start my boxes for my trunk this weekend. Didn't quite finish, but I was able to make the molds for the backs, and fleece the fronts. I know a ton of people have already done these, but I like to see other peoples projects, so I figured I'd return the favor. I don't have a ton of experience with this so hopefully it turns out decent. Here is my pics for progress thus far.

image_5.jpg image_4.jpg image_6.jpg image_7.jpg image_8.jpg image_9.jpg image.jpg image_3.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg

I did a couple layers of fiberglass on one of these, but didn't have a chance to take a photo. It'll probably be a couple days before I work on it again, but I'll put final pictures too when I finish up.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Not bad at all, plus nice truck on the street there ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yeah what he said I hope its a dmax tho because with that lift and those wheels and tires gas would be a hole in the wallet.
On another note don't forget to stuff the enclosures with some polyfil but good deal.nice to see someone pulling back their sleeves on some audio work.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys! No, the truck is gas, not diesel, which is why it's for sale. Sad to see it go, but I'm looking for a house and the cash will help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finished up this weekend. Got the trunk lid dynamatted, still haven't done the rear deck, but I will finish that up later this week. I'm still hearing a lot of vibration from the trunk area, so I put a double layer behind the license plate which definitely helped, but yea...I know this is always a white unicorn trying to completely eliminate vibration, but anyone have any advice or successes to share?

Heres a couple pics. As you can see the box on the right doesn't match 100%, but still came out sounding good, so I am happy with it.

IMG_6276.jpg IMG_1945.jpg IMG_1292.jpg

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
No, not yet. They already sound pretty good as is. What will adding the foam do?
Polyfil(aka pillow stuffing) helps dampen the internal pressure making the woofer"think" its in a bigger box allowing you to turn it up and cleans up the distortion a bit helping you overall in the longrun as well as your sq attacks would be more precise 1 2lb bag for the boxes should do it as long as you have no sound leak. Each bag is about 2$ at wal mart.if you see all woofer manufacturer specs generally include for you to add some polyfil.hope it helps you won't lose anything by doing it and the gain is worth it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts