9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've been having this weird noise appear on the drivers side, what sounds to be towards the middle-rear or sometimes under the front tire/suspension area. The noise sounds like dropping a metal rod (think like dropping a camping tent tie rod on a concrete floor or dropping a small wrench) whenever I am decelerating (clutch in or out) or when I am at low speeds in 1st gear. This started after I had new tires put on the car, tire rotation , and alignment done (Atlanta roads are brutal). My hunch is that Tires Plus is responsible for the noise since it appeared right after getting that maintenance done. My questions are as follows:

1) What could the noise possibly be as I cannot visually track it down when looking underneath the car?

2) Could it be related to any of the maintenance performed by Tires Plus (new tire installation, tire rotation, and wheel alignment)?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated as I am afraid it might be damaging my car :sad::unsure: Thanks!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,538 Posts
Not actually hearing it, I would say, from your description, that it has to do with the alignment, as a tire replacement and rotation wouldn't leave any not-tightened parts around (check the lug nuts yourself before going anywhere).

Bring it back to the shop and have them find what is causing the problem. Hopefully they won't become yet another shop that loses a customer due to not only shoddy service, but then not correcting the problem.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Check the lug nut torque.
Check for broken sway bar link.

Go back to Tires Plus and just ask them to listen to the noise.
Let them give their opinion before you spring the "sinceyou" on them...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wanted to let you know that this was happening to me. Little did I know that my TPMS was broken INSIDE my tire & rim that it made a noise on slow speeds. Please consider this; especially if your TPMS light is on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts