9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas I got my 9thgen a year ago from today @18k miles previous owner had it as a lease nothing was wrong with the car but lately I’ve been hearing a scrapping/rubbing sound coming from the back seats of my coupe mostly comes from the right side of the vehicle my vehicle is on stock suspension at the moment not dropped one bit Im trying to figure out what could be making that noise . And it makes the rubbing / scrapping sound a lot more when I have passengers in the back seats any suggestions ?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,142 Posts
You state your suspension is stock, but what about the wheels and tires? Are they taller or wider than stock?

More noise with rear passengers points to tires rubbing, as the body/chassis of the car drops down from the weight.

Scraping or rubbing sounds could also be attributable to wheel bearings going south, especially if the sound is sort of a whup whup whup, and speed sensitive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I added a trunk brace but I am really not sure if not the noise started before or after the brace . What I think it could be is the suspension . It makes the same sound it would make when you are slammed and rubbing tires but stock ride height which makes no sense where that sound would come from

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
ok....first thing i would do is check the fittings on the trunk brace. secondly, i would remove said brace, tighten all the fittings again...and check for sounds. after that, i'd pull the wheels and check the rear brakes. check for uneven pad wear. i think alot of folks here have had issues with rear brakes wearing out faster than the fronts due to dry slide pins. me included.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts