1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Welcome to the sponsor section. Tune those cars! :woot:

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
LOL thanks everyone for the warm welcomes.

I was speaking with some contacts today about machining a a nice exhaust system for the 9th gen Si model and releasing it as a DansTuning (DT?) exhaust brand, but of course we need a car to work with first. I am definately getting a Sedan personally, so I have a feeling we will have a Sedan exhaust done up before the coupe.

We shall see how things play out...focusing more on the tuning aspect but gotta keep ourselves busy while Hondata does their thing, so the exhaust might be a fun project and just take special orders for those who like it after seeing some videos.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Speaking of exhaust system, what exhaust muffler type are you guys planning to build? twin loop? N1 style? 2.5 inch diameter?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Speaking of exhaust system, what exhaust muffler type are you guys planning to build? twin loop? N1 style? 2.5 inch diameter?
I have no idea yet. Twin Loop would be interesting, but thats the part that we need to think about is the muffler. Piecing a 3" exhaust together with stainless steel is with all the proper hangers and sensors is the easy part. Choosing a nice muffler is the crazier part.

We are not some huge operating like Greddy or Skunk2, but we have access to a machine shop and can easily bang out exhausts if we get something designed up and tested. I have done custom exhausts for STI's, Evo's, K-swapped hatches, SRT4's, v6 Tiburons and a few other cars. Might be easier to use already a muffler thats out there, we shall see because the machine shop I have a relationship with does mufflers as well.

What will probably happen is I will get 1 made on my/our shop car, test it out for a bit and post up videos, and then get 2 or 3 more made and take some pictures of it just laying on the ground, and then only make them for anyone whos interested. If we sell 1 exhaust, I'll be happy, LOL. Im not looking to compete and sell more exhausts then Greddy or Skunk2 or any of those big dogs as it will never happen..but just wanted to give someone an alternative. Also, I'm going to try and keep the pricing down but the quality up. Some of those bigger companies make a killing profit on their exhausts, they spend 100 bucks per unit making it and sell it for 800.

Still too early to tell whats what. We need the car first.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
This idea is excellent though, it could turn out to be a great thing. A real custom quality exhaust system without having to take out a loan to get it :D

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Kool, will look forward for your products in the future.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Welcome DansTuning. Exhaust in the works?! Niooce! Can't wait to hear the 2.4 purrrrr and growl!

·
Registered
717 Posts
that will be sweet, can't wait till after market starts pouring in for Si and non-Si civics

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
put me on the list!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts