9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
374 Posts
We are very pleased to be a part of this community! I look forward to becoming an active, helpful member of this forum and getting to know all of you better.

I appreciate all of your support for Diode Dynamics, and I am excited to show you the products we carry for the 9th Gen Civics.

Please feel free to contact us at anytime with any lighting related questions. Whether you are inquiring about our products or just want to learn more about lighting in general, we are here to help.

Click here to learn more about automotive lighting: Research

Be sure to follow us on social media for sales and product updates!
Instagram: @diodedynamics
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DiodeDynamics

Nick C.
Sales Manager
Diode Dynamics
(314) 205-3033
[email protected]

·
Registered
429 Posts
Do you guys do LED headlights?

·
Supporting Vendor
374 Posts
Do you guys do LED headlights?
We don't carry any at the moment for a variety of reasons

1. They don't produce as many lumens as your factory halogen bulb (despite false manufacturer claims)
2. They fail within 6 months in most cases
3. The output pattern is terrible on most of the kits offered right now
4. Some have a cooling fan at the base of the bulb that can fail, especially if they are low-quality
5. HID conversion kits still provide better results

We will be making some comparison videos and demonstrating why these LED headlights aren't a viable option yet. Although LEDs have come a long way, the LED headlights are still not perfected and suitable for low-beams

If you would like more technical information about them, send us an email: [email protected]

Nick C.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I purchased some LED's from these guys for my wife's Kia Sportage, Great seller and awesome product!

·
Registered
429 Posts
We don't carry any at the moment for a variety of reasons

1. They don't produce as many lumens as your factory halogen bulb (despite false manufacturer claims)
2. They fail within 6 months in most cases
3. The output pattern is terrible on most of the kits offered right now
4. Some have a cooling fan at the base of the bulb that can fail, especially if they are low-quality
5. HID conversion kits still provide better results

We will be making some comparison videos and demonstrating why these LED headlights aren't a viable option yet. Although LEDs have come a long way, the LED headlights are still not perfected and suitable for low-beams

If you would like more technical information about them, send us an email: [email protected]

Nick C.
Check out Diamond Lighting Technology. Their gen 2 LED kits are legit. HIDs are still a bit brighter, but the LEDs appear to put out around 2500 lumens. Output patterns are always gonna be an issue, though. That's the downside of directional lights. Anyway, welcome to the forum!

·
Supporting Vendor
374 Posts
I'm well aware of Diamond Lighting and we've gotten several similar products in for testing. Their LEDs will produce less than 1,200 lumens under normal operating conditions.

I've seen some vendors claim upwards of 9,000 lumens! Yikes!....we have an integrating sphere to accurately measure lumen output, to ensure that our lumen ratings are real. Give our research section a visit if you'd like to learn more: Research

Hopefully we can clear up some of the common misconceptions out there about lighting and educate members on the technology

Nick C.

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Are you guys going to be posting any deals?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts