9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2334 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, new to the site. Currently drive an 06 LX. Was thinking of going for a 2012 SI but cant get over how different they are from the current 8ths, I LOVE the 8ths just not feeling the 9ths so much.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Whats going on everyone? I'm new here. I was on 8th Civic for awhile under the Screen name blck06si... I use to own a black 06 coupe now I'm driving a RSX.

I work in sales at a Honda dealership in Peoria, AZ. I'm eager for the ride and drive so I can drive the new Civic.
Oh I thought I was the only one with an rsx here lol

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Hey guys, new to the site. Currently drive an 06 LX. Was thinking of going for a 2012 SI but cant get over how different they are from the current 8ths, I LOVE the 8ths just not feeling the 9ths so much.
If I were you, I would keep the 8th gen for now as it's not really much of an upgrade from a 8th gen civic lx to a 9th gen lx besides the electrical. Unless if you are getting the SI then you'll have to wait just like us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I were you, I would keep the 8th gen for now as it's not really much of an upgrade from a 8th gen civic lx to a 9th gen lx besides the electrical. Unless if you are getting the SI then you'll have to wait just like us.
Yea definately holding on to the 8th lx not to trhilled about how the 9th lx came out but the SI, I sure would love to upgrade to one of those :eek3dancesmiley: but just not feeling the different body style of the 9th SI, maybe it will grow on me.

·
Registered
717 Posts
just bought a 12' civic ex sedan in urban titanium

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey all. I actually work at a honda dealership here in Eugene Oregon. I just picked up a snazzy 2012 civic hybrid today. I am 29 and this is the first new car I have ever owned, so I am stoked.

Here it is in its cool mist metallic glory.

·
Registered
717 Posts
nice car, havent seen a 2012 hybrid yet, looks good

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
now how much did you get the hybrid for? any employee discounts as well?

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
not a big fan of the color, but congrats, what are the specs

·
Registered
140 Posts
I actually love the color, along with the hybrid specific grille, side mirror turn signals and hybrid specific tail lights. I did get it at a discount. The price, with all the dealer add-ons was about $26,500, and I picked it up for $23,200. So far, I am getting about 42 mpg after 200 miles of driving on our dealerships cheap gas. It would be higher if I didn't spend so much time flooring it to listen to the cvt (continuously variable transmission). It is a little weak compared to the non hybrid when flooring it from a complete stop, but comparable 0-60 I have found. The engine and the electric motor put out a combined 110 horsepower, so 30 less than the regular sedan, but the electric motor helps in the torque department. Together, the gas and electric motors put out only one lb less than its gas counterpart. The electric motor has instant full torque at 1000 rpm, overall, the hybrid reaches it's max torque at a much lower rpm than the gas only model.

No sun roof though. But I am paying for the gas milage.

I am headed on a 220 mile round trip drive on Wednesday, I will report back what kind of numbers I am able to put up on it (Eco mode with cruise on for as much as possible), and I will post some pictures of the engine bay and the rear end tomorrow. (that's right, the hybrid has LED brake lights....including center, so I don't have to mod those!)

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
wow, that is a good price with the discount. Maybe we'll have to have you get discounts for all of us...lol...

21 - 40 of 2334 Posts