9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2297 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
man I want those led tail lights, are they the same shapes, or completely different housing in the hybrid?

·
Registered
140 Posts
man I want those led tail lights, are they the same shapes, or completely different housing in the hybrid?
It looks like it is the exact same mould for the housing as the gas counterpart (I was actually toying with the idea of getting an EX and then getting the hybrid taillights...with discount, the ex would have cost only a little over $20,000). I have some pics I am about to upload.

·
Registered
140 Posts

The i-MID, in the hybrid you can see if it is running on gas or battery and how much charge it is using, or if it is recharging the battery. (it is eerie when the engine shuts off at stop lights)

Clear blue tinted upper reflector, clear lenses for turn and reverse lights, and marker/brake lights are all LED. I forgot to take a picture of the center brake light, but it is also clear lens with red LED.

I had the hood popped here, that is why there is a gap between the hood and the grill. So, obviously a little different grill than the gas only, and the top bar is blue reflective chrome. The headlight bulb cover is also blue to give the housing a blue reflective look.

The engine bay packed full of electrical wiring...first time I have ever felt like I could not work on my car if I needed too. So this is what old people feel like around computers.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
wow, the engine bay is really tight.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
wow, the engine bay is really tight.
I wouldn't know where to start in there, I'm gonna havta look into exchanging housings though with a hybrid/gas

·
Registered
55 Posts
Newbie here,
Proud new owner of 2012 civic ex. Had an 87 accord lxi for years, and it was the best car ever built (40mpg and plenty of reliable power). I hope the civic can hold a candle to the old accord. I went to the dealership to look a 2007 civic, but for not too much more money, I left with La Blanca. The princess will be mainly driving it, and what she saves in gas, vs an older landcruiser, will cover the car payments.

Any recommendations as how we keep the civic in show room condition, would be greatly appreciated. Like seat covers, clear bras, undercoating ideas, scotchgaurding, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Newbie here,
Proud new owner of 2012 civic ex. Had an 87 accord lxi for years, and it was the best car ever built (40mpg and plenty of reliable power). I hope the civic can hold a candle to the old accord. I went to the dealership to look a 2007 civic, but for not too much more money, I left with La Blanca. The princess will be mainly driving it, and what she saves in gas, vs an older landcruiser, will cover the car payments.

Any recommendations as how we keep the civic in show room condition, would be greatly appreciated. Like seat covers, clear bras, undercoating ideas, scotchgaurding, etc.
Hi there La Blanca. Welcome to the forums, if you can please post some pics of your new ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
New Hybrid owner

Hi. New here. Just bought the daughter a 2012 Civic Hybrid for her college graduation reward. Now there are two Civics in the drive (other my wife's trusty '06) to go along with my Element.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Hi. New here. Just bought the daughter a 2012 Civic Hybrid for her college graduation reward. Now there are two Civics in the drive (other my wife's trusty '06) to go along with my Element.
wow, I wish I was your son and you can buy me a 2012 Honda Civic Si Sedan...hahaha...I know how to cook, clean and do the laundry. LoL.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just joined the 9th Civic family. Purchased an EX Sedan yesterday, cool mist metallic. It should arrive this week. I will not be without my phone for one second!

41 - 60 of 2297 Posts