9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SAM_0012.jpg Short Ram with Ram intake kit for cold air. so its pretty much cold air

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got it on carid. It was $197.oo Wepon R Secret Wepon. It is for a 2011 civic Lx. It fits great and easy to install. thanks hope you enjoy. Ownership about 1 month now.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Looks good

Sent via Cam Hend's tab

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes. You get more low end power without effecting top end power.(thats if you install the ram air kit). But doesnt effect top end to much to notice. to install all you need to do is. First take out the stock air box. There will be a tube with a metal pipe connecting to the stock tube. When installing the after market tube just tuck that one under aftermarket tube when installed.(cant even notice it). When installing the ram air kit. You will need to take off the front bumper. Then take batterie out.Next take out the metal plate holding the battrie(its easy 4 or 5 nuts).Take old ram kit out. run the ram kit into front bumper as far down as desired for maximum cold air. Then you will have yourself a cai. One more thing when taking bumper off you need a flat head screw driver. In the middle of the clips will be another circle. Get that circle to lift up. Pull out the clips. Then theres 1 screw in each wheel well. take them out. Then from each side pop out the bumper.(YOU WONT BRAKE IT!!!!) Also clips under the hood on top of grill area you will see them.And 2 allen key bolts take them out.As easy as 123.Thats all hope this information helps.

·
Registered
716 Posts
yes. You get more low end power without effecting top end power.(thats if you install the ram air kit). But doesnt effect top end to much to notice. to install all you need to do is. First take out the stock air box. There will be a tube with a metal pipe connecting to the stock tube. When installing the after market tube just tuck that one under aftermarket tube when installed.(cant even notice it). When installing the ram air kit. You will need to take off the front bumper. Then take batterie out.Next take out the metal plate holding the battrie(its easy 4 or 5 nuts).Take old ram kit out. run the ram kit into front bumper as far down as desired for maximum cold air. Then you will have yourself a cai. One more thing when taking bumper off you need a flat head screw driver. In the middle of the clips will be another circle. Get that circle to lift up. Pull out the clips. Then theres 1 screw in each wheel well. take them out. Then from each side pop out the bumper.(YOU WONT BRAKE IT!!!!) Also clips under the hood on top of grill area you will see them.And 2 allen key bolts take them out.As easy as 123.Thats all hope this information helps.
Just a minor note good explanation of the front bumper removal I would hate to see someone break something.

There are two Philips head screws in the wheel well. One easily visible half way up and one in the top holding on the corner by the headlight. Pull with force but you don't need to overdo it. Be careful and go slow you don't need to rip off the front bumper all at once. Otherwise well put.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Weapon R sri video 2012 Civic lx

·
Registered
709 Posts
I like this. Put a heat shield next to it plus a pipe that would direct the cold air, you might get good results.

Exxxtreme ?
(R18 #1971) (FB2 #88)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome, I want one too. Are they available or still testing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.com App
lol its for a 2011 civic and it fits perfect. it is $197.00. you can buy it at www.carid.com. it is called a weapon r secret weapon short ram intake. it comes with a air ram kit to.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so do you guys like it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I had this exact one on my 2010 EXL. Took it off because it made the engine roar so loudly which would have been cool, but it just made the car sound like it was struggling. I would be loosing speed going up a hill while its in say 4th roaring away lol. The hose that goes on the end actually works which I thought was cool. Kinda like having a CAI without the risk. I questioned the filter-ability also since I had it on for 30k and while living down a dirt road, it never got dirty.

Anyways that's my review of it. I would give it away for free but the wife accidentally threw it away while spring cleaning a couple months ago. I was using it as my breaker bar lol. Btw it didn't make that cool hissing sound some SRI do, there was no performance gain on the butt dyno or mpg. On the upside no check engine light.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
looks cool...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love weapon r intake it make a huge difference in my crx and my integra. Only down side is you have to clean the filter out every 5000 mile at least cuz dirty get clog fast but it has something like 825 cfm or whatever it is that almost two time on a k and n filter

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love weapon r intake it make a huge difference in my crx and my integra. Only down side is you have to clean the filter out every 5000 mile at least cuz dirty get clog fast but it has something like 825 cfm or whatever it is that almost two time on a k and n filter
yea def weapon r makes pretty solid products in my opinion.

·
Vendor
628 Posts
We haven't put this intake up for the 2012s yet, just because Weapon R hasn't officially come out with it yet. However, like the OP shows, the 2006-2011 ones we sell (Honda Civic Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake) will fit and should still provide some good power gains. As of right now, we're not sure whether Weapon R will redesign the intake or not for the 2012 model years.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts