9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Lmao..... DBP V1 Im also very curious to see the difference. I myself will be buying a DBP Sedan so we'll just have to see which version I'll get. Also I wonder if this is a temporary shift in the shade of DBP or a permanent one....

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. DBP is a very popular color and with the supply issues they Are just trying to keep production up. Good for Honda in being creative when their supply chain has gotten screwed up. Also thanks for telling your customers up front so people don't start freaking out if theirs isn't exactly the same shade as another and think something is wrong with their paint. Would give CR and other agencies more fuel for their fire about the new civic!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yes, DBP is very popular. I see about 3 or 4 different ones everyday, and I myself have a DBP too. Mine was manufactured in May so am I having the "darker" one?

·
Registered
425 Posts
If for any reason someone has to paint some part of their car I hope they don't get the colors mismatched between the two DBP.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thats exactly what I was thinking Philly. I was wondering what.. if any complications there would be for all those pre painted parts we are all accustomed to buying. Maybe it'll be like how stringfellow suggested having version 1 and version 2.

I applaud Honda for letting us know about the issue as well. But with that being said, there must be a noticeable difference if they decided to tell us.

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
Well, when it comes out of the factory and its yours, im pretty sure you wouldnt really notice unless you know another DBP near you that you can compare the color contrasts but other than that its no biggy i think. however, as philly said, that might be a pain cuz if you go to a paintshop and need to repaint your car OEM DBP, it might be hard to get the right shade otherwise you will have to paint your whole caar again which is pricey :\

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Are the paint codes the same for both versions? I wondering as far as the paint touch up or body work goes too. If the paint code is v1&v2 hen no worries I guess but if not it will surely cause problems...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Are the paint codes the same for both versions? I wondering as far as the paint touch up or body work goes too. If the paint code is v1&v2 hen no worries I guess but if not it will surely cause problems...

That's a great question, are you talking about the ones in the ordering system or the ones in the doorjambs?

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I'm thinking door jams. I thinks it's most likely a supply issue so ordering they wouldn't likely give you the choice. But in the repair/collision areas of the auto world it's probably pretty important. So I wonder if te door Jams will differentiate at all between the two versions of DBP

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Yeah ford was having supply issues with reds and blacks too. I think it's not the paint components but what make the luster/ metallic look in it

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
So the dealer has it? I didnt know if you got it shipped to you - if so i would have ripped it open ASAP and checked!!
Thats what i did on my Altima when i had it, actually installed myself. Would have Honda do this one though, since its still new!!
Good luck on a match!

·
Registered
53 Posts
So the dealer has it? I didnt know if you got it shipped to you - if so i would have ripped it open ASAP and checked!!
Thats what i did on my Altima when i had it, actually installed myself. Would have Honda do this one though, since its still new!!
Good luck on a match!
I will know Saturday. I'll post pics too

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't think this has been posted yet, maybe I'm wrong but my local Honda dealer has reported that there are two different shades of the Rallye Red now as well, just like with the DBP. This is accounting for the shortages of Red at the moment.

21 - 40 of 122 Posts