9th Gen Civic Forum banner
26K views 121 replies 51 participants last post by  mno86 
#1 ·
Hello there gents, I figured I would introduce myself since I will most likely be spending alot of time on here once they finally release the SI. :haysmiley:

Im driving a 2004 Acura Tsx, which might be sold soon. :woowoo:

#3 ·
Sweet Good to hear. Luckily, through some nice connections I have dibs on the first blue one at my local dealership.

Nothing really done to the TSX. Took a break on tuning after my last 99' SI.... but soon to change with the 2012.

#4 ·
Can't wait to see what you do, what color is your TSX? My grandmother has one of the red ones, and they discontinued that color, but everyone wants, the dealerships have offered her over KBB a couple times something you might wanna check out

#6 ·
Welcome, so whats making you wanna drop ship with the tsx and hop onto the civic?

#13 ·
I have SI in my blood lol
Do you miss your em1? I'm afraid I will too, but I know I'll be moving on to bigger and better things with this Si. We've been through a lot though my car and I. Lol

#10 ·
Yea im having the fourth compressor put in next week. Luckily, my warranty had taken of the first three... but not so lucky anymore. Its too hot in Fl to be riding around with out it. The last one actually blew and pieces of the compressor were everywhere.

#14 ·
I totally miss my old SI. Thats the one and only car that I regret selling. But that being said I am def looking forward to building this new 2012 SI. I think suspension is going to be my first add on. Looks too high in my opinion, but thats most cars. I think lowered with some nice 18's or 17's will make this car pop. Hopefully Eibach comes out with a set of springs soon after the release. fingers crossed

#15 ·
Ah, I think anyone who had that car missed it when it was gone. Bit then, I know I'm moving on to bigger, better, and faster things... 1.6 to 2.4? H3ll yes!

#20 · (Edited)
Interesting stuff. I already knew there was a shortage of blue and red paint in Japan so defiantly looks like they are going elsewhere for the paint. Perhaps it will depend on which factory it comes from? or maybe someone mixing paint made a boo boo and they're using it anyways. LOL
Its possible the different shade will be for the Si's too.
I'm sure it just has a slightly lighter tint to it. Good for those that prefer lighter over darker if thats the case. Cant wait to see what the other shade looks like when someone has a real pic of it.

Updated my signature to reflect this. lol

#21 ·
Lmao..... DBP V1 Im also very curious to see the difference. I myself will be buying a DBP Sedan so we'll just have to see which version I'll get. Also I wonder if this is a temporary shift in the shade of DBP or a permanent one....

#22 ·
I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. DBP is a very popular color and with the supply issues they Are just trying to keep production up. Good for Honda in being creative when their supply chain has gotten screwed up. Also thanks for telling your customers up front so people don't start freaking out if theirs isn't exactly the same shade as another and think something is wrong with their paint. Would give CR and other agencies more fuel for their fire about the new civic!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#23 ·
Yes, DBP is very popular. I see about 3 or 4 different ones everyday, and I myself have a DBP too. Mine was manufactured in May so am I having the "darker" one?

#25 ·
Thats exactly what I was thinking Philly. I was wondering what.. if any complications there would be for all those pre painted parts we are all accustomed to buying. Maybe it'll be like how stringfellow suggested having version 1 and version 2.

I applaud Honda for letting us know about the issue as well. But with that being said, there must be a noticeable difference if they decided to tell us.

#29 ·
Well, when it comes out of the factory and its yours, im pretty sure you wouldnt really notice unless you know another DBP near you that you can compare the color contrasts but other than that its no biggy i think. however, as philly said, that might be a pain cuz if you go to a paintshop and need to repaint your car OEM DBP, it might be hard to get the right shade otherwise you will have to paint your whole caar again which is pricey :\

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.