9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys... I recently bought a new Si as a daily driver for my wife and to a lesser extent, myself (it has 1500 miles now). I'm hoping the 2013 facelift doesn't piss me off!

Overall I really like it... nice powerband (though VTEC does feel limited coming from a dynotuned h22a...)... the low end, and esp. 4-5K (just pre vtec) really feels strong for a stock 4-banger. We broke it in really easy... nothing above 4,000 rpms for 1,000 miles... oil changed to synthetic at 1,300 miles and since then we have hit vtec some, though it is a little anticlimactic in the k24.. I found the 2007 Si (k20) we test drive to lack too much on the low end... 8,000 rpms felt nice though... but the used ones cost too much...

I do have to admit I kinda question passing on a <$9,000 dollar 5th gen prelude (2000) with 87,000 original miles to get the civic (the wife always gets what she wants :) )... I like it, but it doesn't quite feel as pure as my old 4th gen 'lude... the civic is more refined, but the suspension/throttle is not as honest.(I am still partial to cable throttle... and not digging the rev-holding of the k24). I wish the shifter and e-brake were swapped too... maybe the japanese designed it with their RHD in mind :(

my 1992 honda prelude with an eCtuned h22a/m2b4(LSD) swap and a few suspension mods::::mr_y82::: 1992 Si - Honda Prelude Forum

civic thread from preludezone: .6th Gen. Prelude!!! - Honda Prelude Forum
...or the closest we will ever come... 2012 civic si k24 :biggrin: 6 spd LSD :biggrin: Torque :biggrin:,,,, drove it off the lot with 3 miles on the ODO... breaking her in easy...

We wrecked my wife's Ford Focus ST (pics here). So, I just got this car as a DD for both my wife and me (she is not able to work due to health issues, but still has to take the car some days each week for appointments, etc...)... I will still drive the lude a time or two a week.

more pics @ above link...

This car was a pain in the ass to get... we ordered one in sunburst orange pearl Aug. 1... was supposed to be here by the end of the month... then they said a couple more weeks MAX... wasn't here (it was more complicated than this, but not worth typing)... we waited and waited and the eventually they tell us they are recalling that color and the blue to to pigment issues and pealing paint... they had a black scheduled for delivery, so we said... WE'LL TAKE IT!!!... was here within a couple weeks after that. (they also have a white coupe at the dealer we signed at, but we preferred the sedan and the black...)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Helped me decide I liked the 2012...

my prelude (h22a I/H/E, m2b4(LSD), various suspension mods including poly bushings, and a nifty little JTC custom short shifter... it's pretty mild, but hope to build it one day... with the civic as a DD, maybe when it's paid for I can start a project.):

Dyno chart looks somewhat familiar... this was not my lude's best pull... but its the prettiest chart. We might have to take the civic and lude head to head at the track one day...

p13 vesus tuned...

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Welcome to the,site

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome to the site. Nice car!!! I live near Greensboro, NC. I go up to Asheville all the time, I have family up there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts