9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this car brand new 24 miles on it . It now has 59,000 miles on it . It’s my baby and I have taken great care of it , I don’t race it , and have done all my routine maintenance on the car , however I’m starting to have issue with it , the weather strip around my windows is all cracked , when I’m turning left it now makes an annoying noise and my biggest issue yet is when I start it at the very end only when it’s cold it makes a horrible sound . My car is still new so what the heck are all the problems arising from ?? I recorded the sound just not sure how to get it on here for ppl to listen to it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I bought this car brand new 24 miles on it . It now has 59,000 miles on it . It’s my baby and I have taken great care of it , I don’t race it , and have done all my routine maintenance on the car , however I’m starting to have issue with it , the weather strip around my windows is all cracked , when I’m turning left it now makes an annoying noise and my biggest issue yet is when I start it at the very end only when it’s cold it makes a horrible sound . My car is still new so what the heck are all the problems arising from ?? I recorded the sound just not sure how to get it on here for ppl to listen to it
By the way it’s a 2013 si sedan

·
Registered
105 Posts
The cracked weather strip is a common issue. I & many of the forum members have replaced theirs.
Your various noises could be a lot of things: CV shaft(will make a clicking sound when turning), Serpentine belt & motor mount just to name a few. Even though your car has relatively low miles, it is hardly new - it's 7 years old.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
The rubber trim can and will deteriorate over the years.
Cars that are not garaged over night or parked in the shade during the day.
Will have this problem sooner than cars that are....

Far as the noise when turning you might try having the transmission fluid replaced. That's assuming it might have something to do with the differential.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've noticed that sometimes, on a rainy day, when I start my 2015 LX Coupe, I do hear a kind of loud whistle -- I wouldn't really call it a screech -- right at the end of cranking when starting the car. Since it's in park and not moving when this happens, I doubt that it is anything related to the transmission, brakes, suspension, or anything like that. Since it only happens when it's rainy and wet, I'm thinking it has to do with some sort of air intake, in that objects with airflow have a tendency to make noise/whistling when wet. But that is just a guess.

The rubber trim at the base of my side windows is cracked, as well, but the rest of my trim seems okay. Seems like Honda has issues with things like window trim, as my wife's CRV also has issues with window trim.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I've noticed that sometimes, on a rainy day, when I start my 2015 LX Coupe, I do hear a kind of loud whistle -- I wouldn't really call it a screech -- right at the end of cranking when starting the car. Since it's in park and not moving when this happens, I doubt that it is anything related to the transmission, brakes, suspension, or anything like that. Since it only happens when it's rainy and wet, I'm thinking it has to do with some sort of air intake, in that objects with airflow have a tendency to make noise/whistling when wet. But that is just a guess.

The rubber trim at the base of my side windows is cracked, as well, but the rest of my trim seems okay. Seems like Honda has issues with things like window trim, as my wife's CRV also has issues with window trim.
That sounds like a belt to me

·
Registered
433 Posts
The horrible noise you hear on cold starts is VTC actuator rattle. Common on the K24 engine. Honda can't and won't fix it. Search this forum and you will find LOTS of info on it, but no solutions.The only thing that seems to lessen it is to turn your key two clicks so your entire dash lights up, wait a few seconds, and then start your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts