9th Gen Civic Forum banner

What Brake pad/rotor combo are you running?

22K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  RickCVC 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, most threads about brake pads/rotor preferences are outdated, so I figured I'd create a new thread to see more recent brake preferences.

So I'm currently in the market for new brake rotors and pads, figured I'd replace all 4 to something OEM quality or better (I'm at 72k kms, there's an annoying squeal, so it's time).

I've been looking at EBC, StopTech, and Centric rotors and Hawk/Stoptech pads.
I don't plan on tracking the car, and it's basically stock, but I do do some spirited driving when the weather is nice out.
I've contacted my local dealership and they want too much just for the OEM parts alone, so I figured that I'd go aftermarket and save more than $200 CAD

Right now I'm aiming to get the Centric plain rotors (the regular not the high carbon, unless recommended) with either Hawk HPS or Stoptech street pads.
I've read both give out a lot of brake dust but I'm fine with that as it's expected with aftermarket street/performance pads.

I'm pretty set on getting the Centric rotors, as they are OEM quality.
The only Stoptech rotors readily available to me are the slotted ones which are $200+ for a front pair, too much to be honest. EBC are also available but I've read mixed reviews about them being warped out of the box.

I'm just really conflicted on which to get, Hawk or StopTech pads?

What setup combo are you all running and what would you recommend?

Thanks for any suggestions.

See less See more
#3 ·
I track my car with stoptech stainless steel lines, stoptech drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk Street/Race HPS+ Pads. Amsoil fluid dot4 dominator.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Race track Automotive design

Reactions: kevvo21
#5 ·
Yea man I can stop pretty hard and consistently on track days and in daily traffic. Sometimes sketchy in daily traffic as I try not to make it look like i brake check someone on the slightest of taps.

Reactions: kevvo21
#6 ·
So i decided to go with centric plain rotors and stoptech street pads, will be installing soon! Rotors from Teknotik and Pads from Garage16, came to about $420 CAD total, that excludes shipping costs.

#9 ·
Personally i use Stoptech Cryo slotted rotors with Stoptech Sport pads and Stoptech SS lines. As for the fluid, i use Pentosin DOT4 LV.

Marko!

#14 ·
Zombie Post alert:::::

As with some of my recent posts I am looking for recommendations on many parts as Im doing as small maintenance rebuild. Next on my list are the pads and rotors.

Im looking at the Stoptech kit offered on k-series parts (unless a cheaper/better vendor is recommended) here is the set Im considering; StopTech 12-15 Civic Si Street Drilled Complete Brake Kit

Would love thoughts and experience including driving use and styles, weather conditions, and longevity.

Thanks in advance

#16 ·
agreed..... if only for a street application, the extra is not need. However, if you do plan on it, here is a combo set that is pretty good. A few reviews on YouTube also: Brake Combo

#25 ·
I have 2015 Si and I recently replaced my brake pads and rotors to Power Stop Ceramic brake pads. My main concern of replacing the old one is the brake dust and awful noise it makes. Now it dramatically reduced the brake dust build up on my rims and no more squeaking noise. It also increased my confidence for stopping power. It is definitely an important part of the whole set up to complete my mods. If you want to find out more about it have a peek at this site https://motoringcrunch.com/. It's also available on Amazon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.