9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought the car for the way it drives, gas mileage and reliability and don't regret my purchase in the slightest. That said some of the technology doesn't seem to be executed very well in my opinion and wish it could be improved.

1. The amount of clicks it takes to get between various screens in the head unit (i.e. from gas mileage to the bluetooth music). There should be some static buttons for at least music.
2. The iMid screen is how big but you can't choose to display more than 1 item for gas mileage, DTE, etc? It's such a waste of space.
3. Instant mpg is only a bar instead of an actual number. I get it's something you can look at quickly so maybe have it in the head unit OR in the iMid screen but both? I like to see a number so I can tell if I'm increasing or decreasing my current average.
4. No volume knob.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,150 Posts
I bought the car for the way it drives, gas mileage and reliability and don't regret my purchase in the slightest. That said some of the technology doesn't seem to be executed very well in my opinion and wish it could be improved.

1. The amount of clicks it takes to get between various screens in the head unit (i.e. from gas mileage to the bluetooth music). There should be some static buttons for at least music.
2. The iMid screen is how big but you can't choose to display more than 1 item for gas mileage, DTE, etc? It's such a waste of space.
3. Instant mpg is only a bar instead of an actual number. I get it's something you can look at quickly so maybe have it in the head unit OR in the iMid screen but both? I like to see a number so I can tell if I'm increasing or decreasing my current average.
4. No volume knob.
More reasons I love my LX - I have none of those issues. Simple simple.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I bought 2015 lx civic with 40k and ive owned for it around 6 months. I formerly drove a SUV so there wereadjustments i had to make:

1. Shoulder room can feel cramping when you got winter jacket on. Feels restraining and I can see why they made 10th gen civic wider.

2. No heated steering wheel? Wtf? Girlfriend's elantra has one standard.

3. Battery size is 51R so very small and at -35, bigger is better.

4. Poor design with slideping arm rest. If youre grabbing your drink, the top of bevvy can hit bottom of rest sticking over it. Weird design asking for disaster.

5. Weird thumping from door panel when raising window.

6. Shifter should be smaller for north american market.

7. Barely enough leg room while driving. During winter months bigger boots can limit rooom even w chair all the way back.

i really like the car and i would be bored if cars didnt have their quirks. my fav part of car is thr interior. Very masculin and driver orientated. Also as an edit, I like the fact that there are so many other civic drivers on road and I guess its human nature to be nice to cars that have same name/design but whatever, there are alot of civics on the road!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,150 Posts
I concur! I love the LX for the simplicity. Did you end up buying your Civic out of the lease?
I had extended it for a 4th year and will buy it this June. The money has already been put aside.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I had extended it for a 4th year and will buy it this June. The money has already been put aside.
Good call! I bought mine out of the lease July 2017 3 months before the end of the lease. It was a very smart move for sure.

·
Registered
87 Posts
All 9th gen civics should come with projector headlights...

My only complaint.
Damn I forgot about this. So hard to see in dark areas. I was told to try 9012 bulbs instead of 9006 as the 9012s can project more light. We'll see what happens. Might do a project retrofit or get a pair of UAE headlights.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Hello everyone, I recently made a video demonstrating the minor drawbacks (in my oppinion) of the 9th gen civic. Check it out if yoh would like and let me know if there is anything i missed or if you disagree. Here's a link.

https://youtu.be/BajTiePkYtM

Thank you!
I hate that it's now brand new again. One of the best, if not the best car I've ever owned considering quality and functionality. I bought it to be an economy car and boy is it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't like the paint dings I've accumulated from all of the highway driving I do.
Same here! That and since day one my rims have leaked (not tires). And my air doesn't work, miserable in the summer with jet black interior.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,150 Posts
I don't like the paint dings I've accumulated from all of the highway driving I do.
That's not a design issue or even a function of the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I love my 13 si Coupe. It is a giant improvement over my EP3 that was murdered
by truck attack. It is faster, better handling, and has better brakes. Better radio too.
The doors do not feel as well put together as the EP3 though. They feel a bit cheap.
It is a wonderful, powerful, fuel efficient ride. Hard to fault.

Taking the cowl off for plugs sucks though!!!

It is also not as fast as my TLX...but it handles better!

I will drive mine to 500k. I will post back as I change out big pieces.
I am at 103k now, and she runs great. So far, so good.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just picked-up a second 2015 honda civic lx for my daughter.
This little gem only has ~12,000 miles, almost new condition.
Mine is a 2015 civic lx as well, and has ~46,000 miles.
Great little car in my opinion, else I wouldn't have bought another one.
A engine temperature gauge would make a nice addition.
Snow tires make a world of difference for winter driving.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I hate how Honda decided we don't need a temp gauge, but instead have to get aftermarket stuff like Hondata or some kind of OBDII bluetooth reader+app to see it.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts