9th Gen Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,150 Posts
It's paid for, and they don't have the scratch for another one?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just picked-up a second 2015 honda civic lx for my daughter.
This little gem only has ~12,000 miles, almost new condition.
Mine is a 2015 civic lx as well, and has ~46,000 miles.
Great little car in my opinion, else I wouldn't have bought another one.
A engine temperature gauge would make a nice addition.
Snow tires make a world of difference for winter driving.
Made it through this winter here in Pittsburgh with all-seasons but think I might give winter tires a try next year if funding's available.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,150 Posts
I've always been on the edge about dedicated snow/winter tires, but have done well with all-seasons so far.

We'll see what happens after I relocate to the mid-west.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've always been on the edge about dedicated snow/winter tires, but have done well with all-seasons so far.

We'll see what happens after I relocate to the mid-west.
Where are you headed to in the Midwest?

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,150 Posts
Where are you headed to in the Midwest?
The middle of nowhere would be ideal for me, but my wife? Nope.

We have been been to Columbus, Ohio a couple of times already and will be going to the eastern side of Cleveland this summer.

The reason why is irrelevant at this point, but that's pretty much what we've settled on. At any rate, it's not here.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think it's funny, sweet tea in southern Ohio/Indiana Northern Kentucky is perfect. Southern Kentucky it's too sweet. Northern Ohio and Indiana you get funny looks asking for sweet tea and get handed sugar packets.
You can tell how much southern hospitality there's going to be by how sweet the tea is though.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,150 Posts
We have no intention of going south. Where we're going is in the vicinity of the same line of latitude as we are at now.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
I like the simplicity and lack of bling in the car. It's just a functional car that does everything it was designed to do at a "best in class" level. It's great on a long trip as it has the power to go but the fuel mileage to not have to stop for fuel very often and then it doesn't need much to fill up the tank. Amazing car with the R18.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,150 Posts
I hate the cheap plastic dashboard of my 2012 and the overall trim pieces. It got a lot better in 2013-2015.
That is perhaps the only thing that bugged me about my '12. The dash was just so darn plain looking. My '15's dash at least has a little bit of bright work to keep it interesting.

Oh yes, I also didn't care for the in-wheel pressure sensors up through 2013. Complete pain in the patoot. I much prefer my current car's sensorless wheels.

·
Registered
455 Posts
update: I am starting to realize how annoying the small gas tank in the civic is. I don't necessarily hate it but my civic gets 32.7 mpg but thanks to LA traffic I still have to fill up once a week - my gf has a '17 honda accord that averages 25-26 mpg but thanks to its larger tank she can go 10-11 days without filling up and she drives roughly the same amount of miles daily as I do.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is perhaps the only thing that bugged me about my '12. The dash was just so darn plain looking. My '15's dash at least has a little bit of bright work to keep it interesting.

Oh yes, I also didn't care for the in-wheel pressure sensors up through 2013. Complete pain in the patoot. I much prefer my current car's sensorless wheels.
Not only plain but has a weird texture. A little rubberized padding would be nice. The dash is just kinda chintzy.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,150 Posts
Not only plain but has a weird texture. A little rubberized padding would be nice. The dash is just kinda chintzy.
It's an economy car, and a very well done one, at that. I've driven a few others from other manufacturers, and the Civic feels like a class up on all of them. Most often you can tell right away by the sound the doors make when you close them.

But this is a criticism thread. I'll stop defending now.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I hate that I am already getting rust in my rear wheel wells. I like almost everything else, including my factory battery that is still going strong on my '12.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,150 Posts
I hate that I am already getting rust in my rear wheel wells. I like almost everything else, including my factory battery that is still going strong on my '12.
Understandable, given where you are.

From https://www.mass.gov/service-details/road-treatment-types . . .

<< Before a storm, we anti-ice the roads by applying a liquid solution to them. This solution prevents snow and ice from binding to the pavement and lowers the temperature that water freezes. The reason we apply a liquid and not solid salt is that the dry salt is blown away or bounces off the roads when applied before precipitation moistens them. Once precipitation begins, we begin to apply rock salt which requires moisture to be effective. >>

61 - 80 of 100 Posts