9th Gen Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
I hate that I am already getting rust in my rear wheel wells. I like almost everything else, including my factory battery that is still going strong on my '12.
That definitely sucks. I would never buy a car where you live. Just lease one and let it rust for someone else. Or better yet, just move ; )

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hate that all of the sudden I keep getting pulled over, compared to my old car.

Subaru WRX (old car): 1 year with: fully tinted windshield, purple wheels, EXTREMELY loud exhaust
- Pulled over 1 time for how I was driving

Honda Si (new car): 4 months with: fully tinted windshield, gold wheels, semi-loud exhaust
- Pulled over 6 times all for equipment violations

Don't get me wrong before I get roasted, I understand windshield tint is asking to get harassed. I ended up removing it and have so far been so good *knocks on wood*.

I just find it odd that I am suddenly targeted when I never was before. I have lived in the same neighborhood with both cars and drive past the same Pittsburgh city cops everyday on my way to work for the past 4 years.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I hate that all of the sudden I keep getting pulled over, compared to my old car.

Subaru WRX (old car): 1 year with: fully tinted windshield, purple wheels, EXTREMELY loud exhaust
- Pulled over 1 time for how I was driving

Honda Si (new car): 4 months with: fully tinted windshield, gold wheels, semi-loud exhaust
- Pulled over 6 times all for equipment violations

Don't get me wrong before I get roasted, I understand windshield tint is asking to get harassed. I ended up removing it and have so far been so good *knocks on wood*.

I just find it odd that I am suddenly targeted when I never was before. I have lived in the same neighborhood with both cars and drive past the same Pittsburgh city cops everyday on my way to work for the past 4 years.
Wonder if that's a coupe vs sedan thing. I had a 99 civic coupe back in the day and got harassed all the time. I have a sedan now, and never get messed with. I've even blown past a cop doing like 30 over before and he didn't even look my way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wonder if that's a coupe vs sedan thing. I had a 99 civic coupe back in the day and got harassed all the time. I have a sedan now, and never get messed with. I've even blown past a cop doing like 30 over before and he didn't even look my way.
I never really thought about that, but it totally could be!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,150 Posts
That's freakishly stupid, right there.^

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
how does that happen?????????

that's some freakish stupid shi....right there.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Seems like every time I drive it, Something stupid happens. 1/2” bolt went through the tire and rim. $300 fix ��
Yup seen that before. My favorite thing in a tire was a set of missing keys.

I wish these cars had bigger rear view mirrors that auto dimmed. My 2005 altima had autodimming mirror, very nice feature.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,150 Posts
Driving on the freeway on the way to work. Ran over a plastic bag that was full of these bolts.
Did you stop to pick up the bag? One can never have too many bolts.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe not hate... But dislike the head room. When I have my seat positioned just how I like it, no way I can wear a hat, it bumps the pillar, or ceiling. Just needs another inch of head room!

·
Registered
15 Posts
2012 LX... didn't come standard with a backup camera until 2013 but I modded and fixed that problem with great success, otherwise without the camera you can't see a darn thing to know how close you are to backing into something...no variable speed wiper settings but i just found a thread in the forum for a mod today and am excited to get it done...i cant for the life of me figure out why Honda had to be so cheap to put drum brakes on the rear but put disc brakes on the front... seriously? who does that anymore?...the clear coat for the hood, roof, and trunk has worn thru (body shop guy said it is pretty common for Hondas)...and last but the worst pet peave is the rear suspension SUCKS!...two kids in the back with a full tank of gas and she squats like i'm running moon shine. I pull a light trailer with kayaks with a tongue weight of about 50-60lbs...add two kids, a full tank of gas, and a fully loaded trunk (it doesnt take much to fully load the trunk) and you would think the car was squatting like a sick ***** going through an abortion on the toilet (i hope that wasnt too much) but there is no reason i should ever bottom out on bridge span bumps...there is no stronger aftermarket springs that i can find (only lowering coil over springs can be found) and i've been thru 3 sets of shocks already...ya i know i should just get a truck but its paid for and im gonna drive it hard!
p.s. just a general gripe...why dont car manufacturers add a rear wiper to a fairly horizontally placed rear glass but they put one on EVERY suv that ive seen with a vertical glass...makes no sense at all to me!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,150 Posts
Mine won't make me coffee in the morning.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Okay, I’ll bite. This is pertaining to the Si.
I’m not a fan of the McPherson strut suspensions.
The upholstery is cheap.
The engine has a lame cylinder head.
The wheels are ugly AF!
Overall the car is reliable.
It is paid off and it’s what I’m driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
oh, and I don't like how the car has to be stopped and I have to going on a treasure hunt every time I wanna switch between average mpg and miles left on a tank and trip A/B and odometer... I guess they spent all the common sense on the oil filter and drain plug and didn't have any left for this. but seriously, how much of a dumbass do you have to be to make this decision? I hope whoever it was gets fired.
You can click the little stick that sticks out of the display on the right and that will switch between A/B - Odometer.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts