9th Gen Civic Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
very good point dart1974, it is difficult to find a comfortable position !!
sunroof rubber !!

o_O 1/2” bolt went through the tire and rim. wow, this is the first time i see this !!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,383 Posts
I don't know how prevalent this is across the industry, but I had read that engine temp gauges, at least those that are factory installed, are essentially fancy idiot lights. They stay in one central spot until something goes wrong, and then they go full-on hot. No indications that something is going wrong until it's wrong. I had a car like that which is what made me look into it at the time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
oh, and I don't like how the car has to be stopped and I have to going on a treasure hunt every time I wanna switch between average mpg and miles left on a tank and trip A/B and odometer... I guess they spent all the common sense on the oil filter and drain plug and didn't have any left for this. but seriously, how much of a dumbass do you have to be to make this decision? I hope whoever it was gets fired.
Agree

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's not my Civic, but I hate hate hate my girlfriends push button starter on her 2015 EX-L Civic. Also she always gets this terrible smell inside her car. I can't stand it, her car smells like eggs or farts, it's gross! But despite these issues, she adores her stupid car and doesn't care its acting this way (we say it's being cranky if it acts up now lol).

My biggest gripe is every single week, at least once or twice a week she (or I) can't start her car without trying 2 or 3 more times (one time took her 7 or 8 times!). I wouldn't care if no one knew, but the stupid car tries so hard and makes the loudest, most embarrassing/ pitiful gagging/hiccup sounds making everyone looks at us. The engine stutters every time it gets close, and her seats literally shake everyone sitting in them. The past couple weeks I noticed she's having more frequent problems and her cars started shaking harder. One time I saw white smoke coming out her exhaust after she tried starting it for like 5 min. We've both noticed it stutters way more than before Christmas. Now even if it starts on the first try, it always gags or stutters once or twice, I hate how it sounds everytime she starts it now. What's wrong with her POS? My ex had a 2013 lx, and I never heard her car act like this once. Her Civic never gagged or shook and started right away everytime she turned the key. Is this all push button related?

The smell I mentioned may be worse though. As soon as it stutters, her car smells like someone farted (egg smell). It's gross we get stuck in her car with that smell until her stupid car starts and we leave the area. No joke it smells like we ate bean burritos all week and just let lose inside it all sealed up. Her best friend got out of the back the other day and waited 5 min so she didn't have to smell it. Normally it smells fresh and girly inside since she's super girly and normally smells like body spray and leather seats mixed together. The car also farts if we floor the gas pedal, like trying to merge quickly. The POS freaks out, hesitates, shutters bad and we hear it coughing/stuttering like it does when she's starting it. Our first date I could tell she was embarrassed it smelled, her face turned red but she kept insisting over and over that her car gets bad gas and farts. I hadn't ever been in her car before, but she parked adjacent to me at school, so I knew her car sometimes took a few min to start after she got out of school even back then. My friends all made fun of her car and teased her, but it seemed like she enjoyed the attention

Oh and her seats give us serious swamp arse, they're way too soft for a car. Normally I love leather, but I sweat so bad in her car, especially the softer backseat bc I sink down like 5 inches everytime I sit back there.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,383 Posts
Just be aware, folks, that the above post, and the very similar one written in another thread by his 'girlfriend,' is almost certainly satire/comedy/spam/etc. Not a horrible thing, as we can use a little more humor nowadays, but I wouldn't take it (too) seriously.

·
Registered
337 Posts
My turbo does the same thing as your supercharger. It was kinda small before, now it's REALLY small. I couldn't imagine adding E85 on top of this.
Yea, my tuner wants me to go with the e85/flex fuel option, but I just can't see myself doing it. There's only 2 gas stations near my house that offer ethanol and no where else in my area. I don't want to carry cans of gas in the car. Doesn't ethanol have a 30% mpg rating? I usually fill up around 220-250 miles on the tank (get around 26-28mpg). By that calculation, by the time I usually fill up, I have to fill up at 155-175 miles.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts