9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preferably on the new 2013 civic sedan.

I was thinking of lowering my car but I live in Toronto where we get a stupid amount of snow so I don't think its a good idea. However my dealership said they can order and install Enkei wheels on my car. I'm just wondering now if "race" type wheels would look half decent without lowered suspension.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Honestly, aftermarket wheels look funny with stock suspension. I out 18s on before i got lowering springs and the wheel gap looked pretty bad lol ImageUploadedByAG Free1381710587.732110.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: scottyrocks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly man that doesnt look half bad. I live in Canada so if you have a lowered car you look like a ******* idiot. We get 7 months of snow and your car would look like a beast if you ever drove through my neighbourhood. Thanks for showing me this is exactly what I wanted to see, I appreciate it! Do you mind showing me what it looks like lowered? I wouldnt mind seeing a comparison.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Honestly man that doesnt look half bad. I live in Canada so if you have a lowered car you look like a ******* idiot. We get 7 months of snow and your car would look like a beast if you ever drove through my neighbourhood. Thanks for showing me this is exactly what I wanted to see, I appreciate it! Do you mind showing me what it looks like lowered? I wouldnt mind seeing a comparison.
Oooooh, you live in canada lol, yeah so that ground clearance you will need. The wheel gap doesnt look bad in that picture, prob bc iphone cameras suck haha but ill show you a close up of before and after and a recent picture with eibach pro springs installed
ImageUploadedByAG Free1381747207.063691.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1381747232.348551.jpg
That should give you an idea, but lowering your car in brutal winters will suck haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
I Need A Vacation
13,557 Posts

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,503 Posts
Looks good. By going 18's you would of filled some of that gap, what size tires?
Not necessarily. 18s often use tires with smaller sidewalls to keep the overall diameter the same. But yes, you can use the same size sidewall on an 18 as a 17. But then the whole car will sit higher with any given suspension height setting.

·
Registered
125 Posts
my friend put some volks on his and it looked terrible. then h&r springs changed the entire look of the car and it looked awesome. wasnt even that much of a drop

·
Registered
14 Posts
MB racing 16x6.5. Lowering is not an option for now as this is my 16 year old daughters first car. Commuter for school etc.

Attachments

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,503 Posts
That's a shiny-arse car, kk. :)

·
I Need A Vacation
13,557 Posts
MB racing 16x6.5. Lowering is not an option for now as this is my 16 year old daughters first car. Commuter for school etc.
Nice pics and good choice of rims everything looks good to me.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey canadian fellow ! im currently running my hfp civic si in this swamp. HFP suspension + body kit on 16'' steelies for winter. So far so good, never had any problems ! and i live way north from you so i wouldnt worry about a small drop... just dont slam it !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts