9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When a Brand new generation of car model comes in what do they do with the old one if it's never been driven and sold?
I don't think they keep it or send it to Honda used dealer ships do they?
I always thought they Junk it, send it back to Honda for Parts, or sell it to Used car dealerships.
And if the new gen comes in wouldn't the older gen be worth atless $8k less then the new ones ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealers usually sell them at a discounted price or give you good financing rates. Trust me, you won't see any new 2011 or previous models sitting at the lots when the new 9thgen comes out.
How much would a Good discount or APR be for you guys?
Cause if its just a good 4k discount then I wouldn't mind spending extra 100 buck a month for a 9th gen
because there is this si sedan with Nav there for 25,155 I'm probably gonna check out and see what they offer me if its not worth it ill probably wait for a 9th gen

·
Registered
41 Posts
I used to work for a honda dealership. the civics only have a 1500-2000 mark-up from the dealer. The only way it'd drop 4-5 grand is if Honda themselves offered to give money off before it hits the dealer. They normally advertise this. If they advertise 5000 off btw, the dealership still has their 1500-2000 in markup in tact, so you can get more, if the dealership wants the car gone ;). they will also add good finance rates. And as said earlier, they don't sit around long!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Yea there is no way on earth they'd be scrapped lol In that case they'd just give em away for free. There aren't a ton leftover when the 9th is released, and whatever is left all get sold. Soon, a few months after the 9th is released, I bet there won't be any new 8th gens left. Of course a few peppered in, but no mass quantities!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts