9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just picked up my Si a few days ago and there’s a button under the dash next to the aux and power outlet ports that I’m not sure what it’s for. I flipped through my manual and tried looking up but I couldn’t find anything on it. Might’ve just been how I worded it, but it’s not labeled and I feel stupid trying to figure out what it does lol.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's an aftermarket switch. Maybe look behind there and see where it goes?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Photoshop Masta
2,934 Posts
Go-go-gadget rocket booster

Gotta say, they did a clean job on that switch, I can see how you thought it was stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Update: pulled up the plastic to look where it connected to and now I’m even more confused. It’s spliced directly into the power for the cigarette lighter. Literally all it does is light up red when I press it. I can’t understand the point of this lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's probably a 3 pole switch due to the light. If so, seems it's probably missing a +wire that went out to a aftermarket accessory.
If it was a 2 pole wired like that, your blow the fuse when you turned it on.

·
Photoshop Masta
2,934 Posts
It's definitely just for the light.

Does it at least light up well at night? lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
does that outlet have power with the key off?

maybe they wanted it off to not kill the battery?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
does that outlet have power with the key off?

maybe they wanted it off to not kill the battery?
neither the button nor the cigarette lighter have power when the car is off. I’m assuming it was for an aftermarket part that some previous owner probably took out when they sold the car.

What kind of mod would use a button switch like this? I’m trying to find something cool I can make the button do lol

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
Machine guns? Ejector seat?

·
Photoshop Masta
2,934 Posts
neither the button nor the cigarette lighter have power when the car is off. I’m assuming it was for an aftermarket part that some previous owner probably took out when they sold the car.

What kind of mod would use a button switch like this? I’m trying to find something cool I can make the button do lol
How about foot well lighting? This is how I have mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,
I just picked up my Si a few days ago and there’s a button under the dash next to the aux and power outlet ports that I’m not sure what it’s for. I flipped through my manual and tried looking up but I couldn’t find anything on it. Might’ve just been how I worded it, but it’s not labeled and I feel stupid trying to figure out what it does lol.
Thanks for the help. View attachment 494116

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife has one of those in her SI and it was for aftermarket heated seats. She has two switches but it could be that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts