9th Gen Civic Forum banner

11001 - 11020 of 15578 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
How easy is that wax to apply by hand and buff off by hand I was thinking of giving #26 a try. I don't like working with thick heavy wax.
. It is a liquid wax so it is very easy to apply and wipe off. I just put 3 lines on a microfiber pad and make 3 passes on the each panel and then blend it into the paint. It does dry fast, so I suggest doing one panel at a time. I've used some waxes where it would turn your trim pieces white. This wax does not do that at all. Here is a link to the wax. I got mine from Amazon.

Meguiars #26 Hi-Tech Liquid Wax is a polymer liquid car wax that offers excellent paint protection and shine! Meguiars #26 High Tech Liquid Wax is

Here are links to the towels/wax pads that I use.

wax removal: 16 x 16 Yeti Edgeless (Plush Dual Pile) - The Rag Company

wax apolicator: Wax Applicator Sponge - The Rag Company

Drying: Dry Me A River Jr. 20 x 40 Premium Waffle Weave Microfiber Towel

Window towel: 16 x 24 DETAIL MASTERâ„¢ PRO Premium Glass and Window Towel

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
In order I installed my 2015 SI rear swaybar on my 12 SI and it's huge compared to.It had new links and good thing again rusted hardware had to cut the old links off wash,front and rear JDM emblems and reinstall my rear window spoiler on account it came loose.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Just installed my ZDX throttle body. May undo it thou I think it is causing a slight miss fire so I am going over to my friends house because he said he will be able to tell me if it is or isn't.

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Went disc golfing before work then opened my trunk to put my discs away only to see that of the four bolts which I assume are used to hold the rear spoiler on, one was missing the nut/endcap...luckily after about 25 minutes of searching through every inch of my trunk (which is empty) I found it tucked in near my spare. Torqued it on by hand and checked the others and they were loose too. Apparently whoever was supposed to put them on at the factory didn't check to make sure they were torqued to whatever spec they are supposed to. Oh well I guess I am just glad I found it and got the others on tight. Although now I am curious about what else might have been overlooked...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Went disc golfing before work then opened my trunk to put my discs away only to see that of the four bolts which I assume are used to hold the rear spoiler on, one was missing the nut/endcap...luckily after about 25 minutes of searching through every inch of my trunk (which is empty) I found it tucked in near my spare. Torqued it on by hand and checked the others and they were loose too. Apparently whoever was supposed to put them on at the factory didn't check to make sure they were torqued to whatever spec they are supposed to. Oh well I guess I am just glad I found it and got the others on tight. Although now I am curious about what else might have been overlooked...
Heh... I have to go and pick my lost nut up at the dealer this week. They had to order it.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
This is a known issue reported by other owners.

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Tuned and Dyno'd my car last night. Made less than I was Hoping for. Made 236HP and 193TQ at the wheels. My tuner thinks it has something to do with the intake and exhaust. He thinks that a smaller size intake like a 3" will help my bottom end and TQ and he says he thinks there could be something done with the exhaust too but he isn't sure what because of the way the exhaust is designed. But we were hoping for at least 240-245HP and 200-ishTQ but just didn't make it 😕

·
Registered
284 Posts
Tuned and Dyno'd my car last night. Made less than I was Hoping for. Made 236HP and 193TQ at the wheels. My tuner thinks it has something to do with the intake and exhaust. He thinks that a smaller size intake like a 3" will help my bottom end and TQ and he says he thinks there could be something done with the exhaust too but he isn't sure what because of the way the exhaust is designed. But we were hoping for at least 240-245HP and 200-ishTQ but just didn't make it 😕
What are ur mods? That seemes kinda high

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Raced at the DMVR auto -X.My best time was 79.8 the best time was 66 in a older Civic.It was fun but probably won't do it again because of my height my head hit the roof with the helmet on which ended up hurting my old already pre-injured neck. ImageUploadedByAG Free1428875516.701094.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1428875560.602782.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1428875593.518706.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1428875611.421221.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1428875634.480661.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1428875634.480661.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1428875668.668996.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1428875688.494489.jpg
There were also 3 8th gen SIs and a lot of Miatas.No real accidents other then some kid who drove over his spare lodging it under his car in the off course parking area.We walked the course like 3 times but the method of marking the course was confusing at first but after 4 runs I made it through with my best time.My worst time was 15 seconds worse then my best time.I basically drove the whole course in 2nd with VSA off

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
washed and quick detailed mine yesterday...and man do i have some rock chips on the hood....alot more than i remember from the last time i did this. oh well, it's a dd...and a high mileage one at that...maybe some day get a re-spray on the bonnett!

just sad to see it...especially on the black...looks great otherwise!

11001 - 11020 of 15578 Posts