9th Gen Civic Forum banner

15501 - 15520 of 15573 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Put on HIC rear visor and ordered a PW:JDM gurney flap.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sept 2019 Wax job6.jpg I washed, waxed with Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell paste wax, and put ArmorAll on the tires. Looks pretty good if I do say so myself. I have now owned it nearly two years (bought as a Certified Used Honda at Liberty Honda in Hartford, CT. It's a 5 speed! Has around 14,200 miles on it, it had about 9,000 when I bought it Sept. 25th, 2017.I also had a new Alpine head unit installed recently, model CDE 172 bt with CD player. I like it a lot, has great sound, and a detachable face for when I park at the airport garage. Sound is a big improvement over stock head unit, Bluetooth calls work great, and only thing I lost in the I-mid is the radio display, which I now have on the unit. It's not a fancy touch screen, but for my needs it's perfect. Alpine 1.jpg Alpine 2.jpg Sept 2019 Wax job.jpg Sept 2019 Wax job2.jpg Sept 2019 Wax job 3.jpg Sept 2019 Wax job 4.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Vinyl wrapped the fog lights, did brakes, paid someone $50 to detail inside and out. Hit myself in the head with a wrench.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Few months back when i installed new wheels and tires, i had them balanced. Well i was planing on changing the brakes today but suprise, a stud was stripped at the knurl, so i managed to drill the nut out. After that i took the win and got on Borderlands 3 hah
VideoCapture_20190920-155442_1569012973946.jpg
AND i didn't damage the wheel 😄
20190920_123942_1569012802624.jpg

·
Registered
405 Posts
Alright, everyone go to homegrown's house for work and what not!

Couple weeks or so ago, after watching a ChrisFix video about super cleaning the windshield and using wax, I did the same thing on the front and back. Weather said it was supposed to rain and it has not rained since. Oh, ang got my gurney flap back from the shop back then too and put it on. Works wonders for blocking asshole tailgaters bright ass headlights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
detailed myself the Si, installed front lip, sideskirts, spoiler, rain guards and rear window roof spoiler
cleaned all the inner fenders and all brake parts with degreaser and a pressure washer (worked great)
did all the interior LED light bulbs.

i have the Eibach springs pending to install (already in at my house waiting)
i have to clean all the interior including seats (i will pay someone that has that machine to clean the seats)
i bought the serpentine belt and the 2 pulleys so now i have to get some time to change them.

now pending to purchase is the front new rotors and brake pads, after i get those i will paint the calipers with a nice red paint, right now i just threw some hot resistant red paint (they were uglyyyyyyy)

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-28 at 7.15.00 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-09-28 at 7.15.00 PM(3).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-09-28 at 7.15.00 PM(7).jpeg

·
Registered
405 Posts
I need, or want to change the belt, but have no idea how to change it since it looks like a massive PITA with how there's little room to route it from above.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I need, or want to change the belt, but have no idea how to change it since it looks like a massive PITA with how there's little room to route it from above.
It's actually very easy. I recommend removing the passenger wheel and fender liner. If you have an extra set of hands, it helps to have some hold the belt while you route it around the pullies.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts

Front end of my drop done. Was thwarted by kid's soccer game taking up the afternoon. Back end tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
405 Posts
It's actually very easy. I recommend removing the passenger wheel and fender liner. If you have an extra set of hands, it helps to have some hold the belt while you route it around the pullies.

Wish I had more hands. Can you use just a regular old belt tool to pop it off and on?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Wish I had more hands. Can you use just a regular old belt tool to pop it off and on?
I've never used a belt tool but I have installed a belt on my own. The tensioners are very easy on this car so get everything routed leaving the idler pulley for last. then work the tensioner and slip the belt onto the idler pulley.

15501 - 15520 of 15573 Posts