9th Gen Civic Forum banner

15541 - 15560 of 15582 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Didn't realize the Esco-T6 shift knob was made from aluminum until I took it out of the box. Bummed me out, but put it on anyway to see what it looked installed. Looked nice but can't stick with it since it's not insulated like the OG Esco knob is. So I guess I'll see if they'll let me return it or something.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well, technically yesterday; but finally got my car tuned with Derek at IMW. Put down 352whp/290wtq with the MR TVS1900 kit at 11psi. This was at the lowest possible boost we could achieve (using smaller crank pulley and 3.5 s/c pulley).

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Well, technically yesterday; but finally got my car tuned with Derek at IMW. Put down 352whp/290wtq with the MR TVS1900 kit at 11psi. This was at the lowest possible boost we could achieve (using smaller crank pulley and 3.5 s/c pulley).
Congrats, bet that thing rips.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats, bet that thing rips.
Thanks man! Yea, HUGE shout out to MercRacing for helping me with this build. I initially had a bigger crank pulley that was pushing around 15-16psi (I think stock pulley would've been upwards at 20psi range), but when I dyno'd the car, the stock clutch couldn't hold the power. I was at 290wtq @ close to 3500rpm pre VTEC before the clutch started to slip. So, after about 2 weeks, put in a ClutchMasters FX300, smaller pulley (2005 RSX type S), and installed the Full Race catted DP. Even with the smaller pulley pushing 4-5psi less, the DP really helped and I was able to still achieve 290wtq at the same rpm range. I'm thinking of installing the bigger crank pulley (15-16psi) to see if I can achieve over 400whp and 300wtq. Derek also stated that my exhaust is probably robbing me a few more horses. I also have stock intake. I'll keep everyone updated. I'm starting my YouTube up again and posting on Instagram.

·
Registered
936 Posts
You should do a build thread. Not many using the merc setup and now the cte is done, this sounds like a great alternative with way more power potential.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
I decided that rather than trading up to a 2020 Civic Si, it would be more financially responsible for me to just hold onto my 2014 for another five years. To wit, I purchased a new set of winter tires. This was needed as my old set was five seasons old and had perhaps 60,000 miles on them. So I got my money’s worth.
FWIW, The new tires are Cooper Discoverer True North in 205/55R16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
I decided that rather than trading up to a 2020 Civic Si, it would be more financially responsible for me to just hold onto my 2014 for another five years. To wit, I purchased a new set of winter tires. This was needed as my old set was five seasons old and had perhaps 60,000 miles on them. So I got my money’s worth.

I love those rims.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You should do a build thread. Not many using the merc setup and now the cte is done, this sounds like a great alternative with way more power potential.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I've been posting on my YouTube channel. As for the actual build, MercRacing actually did the install for me. Minor modifications had to be done; however, I believe with their new Harrop superchargers (because of the smaller outside dimensions) it will be an easier install. I believe one of Merc's buddy just purchased a 9th gen si and slapping the harrop supercharger on it.

I will however post pictures on here shortly.

·
Registered
74 Posts

Are those the TS-10? If not, what rims are those and what are the specs?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
bad roads and no time and money to fix anything that goes wrong :wigglesmiley:
Just do a mild drop and adjust driving accordingly. Roads can't be much worse than Dallas. Throw a little inch and half drop on there.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Last night, I swapped in my winter wheels on my 2013 Si with brand new winter tires (Blizzak WS80's) after using my General Altimax Arctic winter tires for 6 seasons. They were losing elasticity, and were down to about 7mm.

I also decided to change my serpentine belt. New one has been sitting in my garage for a few weeks. Unless you're some kind of wizard, you 100% have to remove the front passenger wheel and pull 2 clips to move a panel, so you have access to the 3 lower pulleys. It took about an hour and a half, trial and error without much light. Would've been easier with an extra person, and in daylight. One tip I have: after you get the tension off the belt (removing it from one pulley), just cut it with tin snips, and slip it out. I'm guessing that's standard practice, since it wants to catch on everything when you leave it as a loop, but nobody told me that, so it's worth mentioning.
The belt was original to the car, and replacing it was more of a preventative maintenance thing, since I wasn't experiencing any problems. While I was in there, I found the headlight bulb I dropped into the engine bay earlier this summer, as well as a dead rodent.
I don't know if it's the new tires, or maybe the steering pump is getting better power delivery from the new belt, but I noticed the steering wheel turns like butter now. It turned so easily parked in my garage, I had to get out to make sure the wheels were actually moving.
I'll follow up when we get some real snow, on how I like the new Blizzak's compared to the old General's.

Lastly, a warning:
Any time you get tire work done at a shop or dealer, inspect/measure the pressure on all 4 tires. The last 2 times, one of my tires has been at/below 10psi. 1st time, I drove probably 5-10 miles on it, complained and got Costco to replace the tire. Luckily this time I wasn't driving on it. They were in the trunk of my wife's HR-V, but I still didn't check until after they were installed, so I had to hobble a quarter mile to pump it up. Keeping an eye on it to make sure it's not losing pressure on its own.

·
Registered
406 Posts
^ Sounds like I should just go pay a shop to do the belt.

15541 - 15560 of 15582 Posts