9th Gen Civic Forum banner

15601 - 15620 of 15947 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
682 Posts
Sounds like you just need to bleed the system properly. Those spill proof funnels work great for that. Make sure all of the air is out of the system and check again. Really no need for an upgraded radiator on the street.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I suppose I could try it again. I thought when the heat worked it was bled properly.

Nevermind that. Still not right and I'm done fooling with it. Gonna let a shop do it.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
You should let it run until the fan cycles on twice. Both hoses should be equally hot

·
Registered
682 Posts
I swear those fans won't turn on. The first time it got to 220 something, upper hose was stupid hot, bottom was stone cold and no fans. Did it again about hour ago and about 206 (going by Torque temp gauge) it just started to steam again.

Should I drain and fill again and see if that does it?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Thermostat is not opening then. Must be air in the system. Keep bleeding.
Make sure the coolant in the funnel is higher than the engine. Also you can jack up the front a bit and massage the hoses by hand to help work the air out.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Did belts and tensioner before a couple of 500 miles trips. Car performed like a champ. I also think my "jdm" hood prop kept things a little bit cooler. No gauge or nothing, but popped the hood after like 300 miles just to check things and it was not nearly as hot as it got before.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thermostat is not opening then. Must be air in the system. Keep bleeding.
Make sure the coolant in the funnel is higher than the engine. Also you can jack up the front a bit and massage the hoses by hand to help work the air out.

No change. Jacked it up too.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Did belts and tensioner before a couple of 500 miles trips. Car performed like a champ. I also think my "jdm" hood prop kept things a little bit cooler. No gauge or nothing, but popped the hood after like 300 miles just to check things and it was not nearly as hot as it got before.
what is this jdm hood prop you speak of?

·
Registered
682 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Got car back from the shop. They got the air pocket out that I couldn't.

Reactions: modrid81

·
Registered
185 Posts
Rotated my tires today, but unfortunately found that one of my rear calipers is sticking AGAIN (these were brand new two months ago).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
682 Posts
Rotated my tires today, but unfortunately found that one of my rear calipers is sticking AGAIN (these were brand new two months ago).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perfect excuse to throw on a BBK ?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
well, after 5.5 years, 125,XXX miles, finally had to replace the battery. car sat in the garage all day Friday, as girlfriend and i carpooled. Saturday, it almost didn't start. went to Sam's club, asked about a battery, and 35 minutes later, new battery installed. 36 mos free replacement. $104 plus tax.

·
Registered
392 Posts
went to Sam's club, asked about a battery, and 35 minutes later, new battery installed. 36 mos free replacement. $104 plus tax.
I just did the same thing at Costco a cpl months ago. Same price, and I swapped it in the parking lot. 3yrs for $100 total, and it's a no-questions replacement. Never buying a battery at an auto parts store again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
682 Posts
You all are making me feel dumb for buying an Optima yellow top about 3-4 years ago.

Reactions: modrid81

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
hey, we all have priorities and items we splurge on. those are good batteries, no doubt. if you feel good about your purchase, then, feel good about it! no judgement here. :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hell as long as it works. I know a few years ago they switched manufactures and I was having to defect a bunch of them out.
This isn't the first time I've heard they've changed manufactures and the quality went to shit. I think I bought mine before all that happened though.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
This isn't the first time I've heard they've changed manufactures and the quality went to shit. I think I bought mine before all that happened though.
If you'd bought one after you would know lol. Shame to, things used to be badass for not too expensive compared to other AGM batteries.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Got my GearX 1-4 gears delivered! Been reading instructions on transmission work. Didnt think to order case bolts, hondabond, and some plastic splash piece in there. Might as well do new seals and bearings (or have on hand). I plan on turning the boost up soon, so while I got it out, may upgrade clutch again and new flywheel bolts.

Currently trying to figure out how to smooth all this over with the wife?.

15601 - 15620 of 15947 Posts