9th Gen Civic Forum banner

15681 - 15700 of 15746 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hi guys, i need your help.
About a week ago, I bought a 2014 Honda civic EX which is slightly used with a mileage of 50966. from a dealer. The car had some fuel in it from the garage which i used for some days and my fuel gauge was working perfectly.

Later when the fuel went very low, the fuel gauge went up and was showing a full tank which i know it's not true so i got confused.
Just yesterday, I bought a full tank of fuel after which my fuel gauge continued to show a full tank.
i drove for about 10 minutes and the fuel gauge came to half tank.
since then, anytime i turn on the engine, the gauge will quickly show a full tank and then come down again to a half tank.
Please what might be wrong with the gauge? can someone help me? This is my first time of using Honda.
I believe there is a known problem with the 2014 fuel gauges. I would contact a local Honda dealer to see if it's a warranty or tsb item.
Search this forum for some other posts on this issue.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well that sucks. Guess we shouldn't have dicked around and bought what we wanted before the liquidation. I wanted their cooling plate for awhile but now I can't get it anymore. I'd keep the flap, it looks great on it's own.
Just got a shipping notification for the visor after all. Fingers crossed for me and you, sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just got a shipping notification for the visor after all. Fingers crossed for me and you, sir.

Dude, they called me and told me they found a CF cooling plate. Had them cancel it since I already got that carbon kevlar one. I should be getting the other two things I ordered but I was so pissed after that call but just laughed and said I hate my life.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Dude, they called me and told me they found a CF cooling plate. Had them cancel it since I already got that carbon kevlar one. I should be getting the other two things I ordered but I was so pissed after that call but just laughed and said I hate my life.
Maaaaaaan, bfaided woulda bought that from you.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Maaaaaaan, bfaided woulda bought that from you.

I thought about selling it but I didn't want make another payment to paypal.

It's still ugly. Think I'm going to pop it back off and get it clear coated so I can plastidip it black.

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
Eh, doesn't look terrible. Would match up well with some gold rims, lol.

I'm sure I'll get over it. Maybe by then a CF one will pop up and I'll swipe it and then bfaided can by the other one off me. Gold wheels? Nah, not into gold and I don't want to stick out too much, just like bfaided!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Big maintenance day today. Flushed/bled the clutch, changed the transmission oil, changed the engine oil and filter, and and changed the engine coolant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm sure I'll get over it. Maybe by then a CF one will pop up and I'll swipe it and then bfaided can by the other one off me. Gold wheels? Nah, not into gold and I don't want to stick out too much, just like bfaided!
Visor showed up! Did you clear your stuff? How much did it run?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Visor showed up! Did you clear your stuff? How much did it run?

My 2 things showed up. Winglets need to be cleared. Think it was $50. Visor will need to be cleared or you could just use Armor All and rub it down every other day or something like that. Easier to just get it cleared.

·
Registered
310 Posts
My 2 things showed up. Winglets need to be cleared. Think it was $50. Visor will need to be cleared or you could just use Armor All and rub it down every other day or something like that. Easier to just get it cleared.
Gotcha. Yeah, I'm getting the flap back from bfaided since the visor showed up. Hoping to get both cleared for $100.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Gotcha. Yeah, I'm getting the flap back from bfaided since the visor showed up. Hoping to get both cleared for $100.

Cool. I'll take that visor off your hands if you ever want to sell it. I wanted one after seeing it on their page.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Crap. I have to get the belt changed before I put the pulley cover on <_<

·
Registered
489 Posts
Put on the cooling plate and the pulley cover even though I know I want to change the belt before. No idea why the cooling plate went right on today with no issue then the first time I did it. Hood wouldn't shut with it on last time but closed today.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I got new tires installed (Sport 4s), changed the transmission fluid with OEM, added magnetic drain plug for transmission, and replaced my SiriMoto front lower brace with a new one (older one took a major beating).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Got in the OEM side moulding and installed them last night. I'm not 100% sold on them just yet, but I'm just getting used to seeing it on the car. We'll see what happens. Also should be getting in my DevSport side splitters soon so I will post pictures of that once I have them on.

P_20200304_221703.jpg

·
Registered
310 Posts
Cool. I'll take that visor off your hands if you ever want to sell it. I wanted one after seeing it on their page.
Third time was the charm, but I found a place yesterday to clear the visor and flap. $100, so I didn’t have to haggle. Should have them back next week.

15681 - 15700 of 15746 Posts