9th Gen Civic Forum banner

15821 - 15840 of 15867 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
UPS probably does better work in the US but they are pure crap in Canada. If you ever have to ship to Canada do us Canadians a favor and use USPS or Fedex I rarely have to pay fees but UPS guaranteed to be gouged every time.
i agree with kev604, buying anything in canada is brutal.
once you factor in exchange rate, duties, and (most of the time) weak shipping, we end up paying a good chunk extra for go fast goodies.
Oh I know. I have a rear window visor I was going to sale to someone in Canada and shipping was outrages. It was like 70 something bucks. So I'm stuck with a visor I can't use.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,261 Posts
And took off the stock lug nuts (which was major PITA. Thanks local wheel shop!) and put on the R40 lug nuts. Sure are pretty. Then when out to buy some sort of touch up that closely matchs up the wheel paint to cover some of the **** ups the shop did on the wheels. Next time I take the wheels off I'll cover up all of them.
Wheel shop slammed in the lug nuts with a impact gun usually they have the gun set for highest impact also tells you that the lugs were not torqued to spec way too many stories of wheel shops damaging wheels. The shop I go to they know me I've bought wheels and tires from them so they are more careful.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Wheel shop slammed in the lug nuts with a impact gun usually they have the gun set for highest impact also tells you that the lugs were not torqued to spec way too many stories of wheel shops damaging wheels. The shop I go to they know me I've bought wheels and tires from them so they are more careful.
All this has taught me is just buy a wheel and tire combo online so I can put them on myself so I don't have deal that BS anymore. Whenever I need tires, I'll take the wheel off and take it to a shop. I couldn't break loose a single nut with my breaker bar, only could get it loose with my cordless impact. One of the locking wheel nuts were on over-torqued to god knows what. Thought I was gonna break the special socket for it.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Replaced the battery.
First one replaced 15Jan2015 because it was leaking.
Oh, Honda covered it and collateral damage under warranty.
I wonder if Honda here would have covered the battery when it randomly died some years ago. One day I went to start my car and it was like someone disconnected the battery because the touchscreen was asking for a passcode, which made no sense since I didn't do anything to do it the night before. So that was back in 2016-2017 since the sticker on the Optima battery has x/17 on it.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I wonder if Honda here would have covered the battery when it randomly died some years ago. One day I went to start my car and it was like someone disconnected the battery because the touchscreen was asking for a passcode, which made no sense since I didn't do anything to do it the night before. So that was back in 2016-2017 since the sticker on the Optima battery has x/17 on it.
Not sure what you are asking in regard to an optima battery and Honda warranty.

Honda will only warranty an OEM battery, that is within the warranty time period, that has been judged faulty by the GR8 battery charger/tester.
Without the authorization code generated by that test machine. A warranty claim will be rejected by the AHM warranty dept.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Not sure what you are asking in regard to an optima battery and Honda warranty.

Honda will only warranty an OEM battery, that is within the warranty time period, that has been judged faulty by the GR8 battery charger/tester.
Without the authorization code generated by that test machine. A warranty claim will be rejected by the AHM warranty dept.
Wasn't regarding anything about the Optima battery to Honda warranty, just using it as reference to when I think I bought it.

·
Registered
621 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yep, went from a $3 Home Depot setup to a set of actual risers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
:ROFLMAO: Where did you get them from? Corsport has them for like $20-$40.

·
Registered
621 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Its great for gapping mustang GTs, and sanitizing face masks. That's a win-win!
God this makes me miss my SRT 4 even more.....when it worked anyway :ROFLMAO:

·
I Need A Vacation
13,261 Posts
15821 - 15840 of 15867 Posts