9th Gen Civic Forum banner

15901 - 15920 of 15972 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a really hard time with curves and bends those areas always turned out awful when I tried vinyl.
Biggest thing is taking ur time and like hell put it down take a breather for 15 min then go back at it. It probably could’ve taken me 30-45 min but I spent more then an hr so I don’t chuck it across the room outta fustration

·
I Need A Vacation
13,401 Posts
I'm on stock filter so I've never used anything else. I'm assuming it's worth it to invest in the K&N air filter?
It is a high flow air filter that is re-usable but has to be oiled before reuse most will probably say yeah it is worth it. It has been proven to add a little more power but whether you actually notice any difference is up for debate.

·
Photoshop Masta
2,769 Posts
The rubber grips around my climate control knobs dried up I started coming off. So I bought some new ones and swapped them out. It's amazing how little things like that can make such a huge difference.

·
Registered
2015 EX Sedan, Manual, Dyno Blue Pearl
6 Posts
Just pulled the resonator and snorkel out and ran custom cold air ducting from the air box down to under the front left headlight. Home brew CAI which makes a nice sound and throttle response difference. Best part is that a true CAI is like $500, my mod cost me $20 from home depot. 😁

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
690 Posts
Gonna be just like @modrid81 with my PW:JDM sun visor....thing whenever I get around to putting 3M tape and going into the hot ass garage to put it on.

Reactions: modrid81

·
Registered
397 Posts
Gonna be just like @modrid81 with my PW:JDM sun visor....thing whenever I get around to putting 3M tape and going into the hot ass garage to put it on.
Maaaaan, that was a bitch to tape up, but I went with the wider tape, so I had to trim all the way down with and exacting, all while trying not to shave off the clear coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
690 Posts
Maaaaan, that was a bitch to tape up, but I went with the wider tape, so I had to trim all the way down with and exacting, all while trying not to shave off the clear coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's not so bad. I've been retaping all of their stuff I got from them after getting it cleared, so I'm used to it by now. Only hard part is where it bends around at, those suck. I've been cutting smaller pieces to put into places like that.

·
Registered
560 Posts
The rubber grips around my climate control knobs dried up I started coming off. So I bought some new ones and swapped them out. It's amazing how little things like that can make such a huge difference.
Where did you get the rubber grips from? Mines been peeled off for a minute.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,401 Posts
On my 2013 I'm pretty sure that knob is all plastic no rubber I have to check to be sure though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm on stock filter so I've never used anything else. I'm assuming it's worth it to invest in the K&N air filter?
The filter will add some CFM over the oem but at the expense of letting dirt in and debris in.

Also avoid the Afe drop-in filters they do not seal properly in the oem air box. I have tried 3 brand new filters and two air boxes and all of them do not create a tight seal around the edge letting in unfiltered air. All three filters all were very inconsistent in quality and fit as well they all ended up in the garbage.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The filter will add some CFM over the oem but at the expense of letting dirt in and debris in.

Also avoid the Afe drop-in filters they do not seal properly in the oem air box. I have tried 3 brand new filters and two air boxes and all of them do not create a tight seal around the edge letting in unfiltered air. All three filters all were very inconsistent in quality and fit as well they all ended up in the garbage.
Oh yeah, I remember that thread. That was wild how it didn't fit.

15901 - 15920 of 15972 Posts